Netflix - Username and Password

Moderators: RokuDouglas, RokuShawnS, RokuKen, RokuRyan, RokuJamesL

Netflix - Username and Password

Postby JimmyJoeBob » Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:18 am

Recently, it was suggested to me that it would be prudent for me to change my Username(email address) and password to the Netflix service. If I do this, will it affect my three Roku boxes? If there is an affect, how would I overcome it? Thanks.
JimmyJoeBob

Re: Netflix - Username and Password

Postby mikebdoss » Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:35 am

JimmyJoeBob wrote:Recently, it was suggested to me that it would be prudent for me to change my Username(email address) and password to the Netflix service. If I do this, will it affect my three Roku boxes? If there is an affect, how would I overcome it? Thanks.

If your Rokus are already linked, changing your password on the Netflix website SHOULDN'T affect it. That said, I'm not sure you can change your email address with the service, but you'll have to go to the site to see.
mikebdoss
** Valued Community Member **

Postby JimmyJoeBob » Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:55 pm

Well, my Username on the Netflix service is my Email Address. I have determined that I can change that. They also allow me to change my Password. So, what you are telling me is that as long as my Roku Boxes are already linked to my Netflix account, Username and Password changes to Netflix will be seamlessly passed from Netflix to Roku thru the existing links? That is what I was hoping to hear.

The recent NVIDIA Forums Hack Attack is what prompted this question. I am in the process of changing username and passwords to all my various websites, forums and online games (several hundred are involved). I recently acquired KeePass & Password Generator to keep from ever having to do this again.
JimmyJoeBob

Postby kc8pql » Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:26 pm

JimmyJoeBob wrote:So, what you are telling me is that as long as my Roku Boxes are already linked to my Netflix account, Username and Password changes to Netflix will be seamlessly passed from Netflix to Roku thru the existing links?

As far as I know, Netflix, and all the other channels that require it, use the serial number of the box for linking and authentication. Your account password and user name shouldn't make any difference.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________
No, I don't work for Roku.
OTA Antenna, "Netflix Player" N1000X, XDS 2100X (premature death by lightning)
Roku2 XD 3050X, Roku2 XS 3100R
kc8pql
** Valued Community Member **

Return to Roku Streaming Player General Discussion