NokNok

Moderators: RokuDouglas, RokuShawnS, RokuKen, RokuRyan, RokuJamesL

NokNok

Postby carolinefb » Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:24 pm

I'm a novice to most things technology-driven. I have a ROKU XD, Model 2050X and I love it. Mostly though, I love the possibilities.

I installed NokNok, eager to see what I could view from the UK and other countries. So far, all I get are the start up videos and a video that tells me the stream is unavailable. Try again later. What I'm asking is HELP! What am I doing wrong? :roll:

I'm not able to find much as far as a step by step set up guide for those of us who don't know what we're doing. I would appreciate some help & guidance in this endeavor. Please? Pretty please?

Thank you in advance! :)
carolinefb

Re: NokNok

Postby gonzotek » Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:36 pm

I hadn't seen any recent NokNok announcements (or really any activity at all) when I looked a couple of months ago and thought it was dead. However, it looks like NokNok has recently morphed into something called 'Proxy':
http://proxy.tenderapp.com/help/kb/gett ... ia-players
You probably want to ask for help there:
http://proxy.tenderapp.com/help/
Remoku.tv - A free web app for Roku Remote Control!
Want to control your Roku from nearly any phone, computer or tablet? Get started at http://help.remoku.tv
by Apps4TV - Applications for television and beyond: http://www.apps4tv.com
gonzotek
** Valued Community Member **

Postby Junckboxx » Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:13 pm

I thought the same thing... and then deleted it.
Cut the US TV TAX... Stop Cable TV! The FCC doesn't need anymore of my monies! I don't need anymore watching restrictions/channels pulled, due to YOUR OWN money arguments with stations!
Junckboxx

Postby vnzjunk » Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:44 pm

The original channel showed great promise but never seemed to get off the ground. Support from the channel developers seemed to be less than stellar. I installed and uninstalled it so long ago that I cannot remember exactly how long it has been. I give quite a few channels a chance but once it becomes apparent that they have problems which seem to go unfixed for lengths of time I usually dump em and would only revisit them if I see multiple postings on the board which would seem to indicate that things have changed for the better. Your mileage may vary.
vnzjunk

Postby carolinefb » Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:27 pm

While on my quest for international (specifically UK) channels, I came across NokNok. It does download as Proxy -though the Roku channel is called NokNok- and an app exists for my iPad as well (that app doesn't work either).

I will search the links provided. Thank you so much for your assistance. It is much appreciated.
carolinefb

Postby tensen » Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:40 pm

If you are looking at the live streams via proxy there is actually two. One titled Live Streams with a TV graphic and one titled Live Web with a Vodo graphic. The one with the Vodo graphic is more up to date... and not Vodo at all.
tensen

Postby Desert Dingo » Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:43 pm

tensen wrote:If you are looking at the live streams via proxy there is actually two. One titled Live Streams with a TV graphic and one titled Live Web with a Vodo graphic. The one with the Vodo graphic is more up to date... and not Vodo at all.

Do you have the 2 sites confused maybe? On noknok site, that is Vodo, a bit torrent site. Not to be confused with Vudu, (the movie rental site).
Desert Dingo

Postby tensen » Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:24 pm

Desert Dingo wrote:
tensen wrote:If you are looking at the live streams via proxy there is actually two. One titled Live Streams with a TV graphic and one titled Live Web with a Vodo graphic. The one with the Vodo graphic is more up to date... and not Vodo at all.

Do you have the 2 sites confused maybe? On noknok site, that is Vodo, a bit torrent site. Not to be confused with Vudu, (the movie rental site).

No, quite sure. On NokNok there is an item with a Vodo graphic that is titled Live Web. There is also one with the Vodo graphic and titled Vodo, which presumably has the torrent files.
tensen

Postby Desert Dingo » Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:38 am

tensen wrote:
Desert Dingo wrote:

No, quite sure. On NokNok there is an item with a Vodo graphic that is titled Live Web. There is also one with the Vodo graphic and titled Vodo, which presumably has the torrent files.

My bad ! I was confused in the sense that you might have been talking about 'Vudu'. Yes, the (2) Vodo sites on noknok: one is the live stream of various channels. I had not been back to that one for awhile...as the quality was pretty poor and 'working/not working channels. The other Vodo is the one for various independant movies. Went back today, the 'live stream ' site is still pretty bad.
Desert Dingo

Postby tensen » Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:44 am

Desert Dingo wrote: The other Vodo is the one for various independant movies. Went back today, the 'live stream ' site is still pretty bad.

Guess its all about the intricacies of supporting multiple devices with different internet connections. Works fine for me.
tensen

Return to Roku Streaming Player General Discussion