History and discovery channel help

Moderators: RokuDouglas, RokuShawnS, RokuRyan, RokuJamesL, RokuKen

History and discovery channel help

Postby Greygoose » Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:20 pm

Is there a channel for history channel and discovery channel for the roku?

I found them on playon, but not on roku.

Please advise

Greygoose
Greygoose
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:43 pm

Re: History and discovery channel help

Postby lion7718 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:44 pm

Plex has the history channel...but like playon you have to run a server.
http://plexapp.com/
lion7718
 
Posts: 475
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:01 am

Re: History and discovery channel help

Postby Greygoose » Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:24 am

lion7718 wrote:Plex has the history channel...but like playon you have to run a server.
http://plexapp.com/

Were not sure what you mean by that. i'm running the plex server and have everything up and running. how would i add the history channel to the plex server?

playon has a history channel (and discovery channel), so i was looking for the equivalent on the plex. it looks like many of the links that list all the plex channels are way out of date. it still lists youtube as having a channel, but its been pulled some time ago. the list shows discovery and history channel availability, but i can find anyone that knows how to get them connected.

so in the end, we got conflicting data concerning the matter. i get the feeling its a "no go".

Greygoose
Greygoose
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:43 pm

Re: History and discovery channel help

Postby kc8pql » Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:29 am

Greygoose wrote: how would i add the history channel to the plex server?

It would be best to ask that on the Plex forum. Also note that PlayOn is not supported by Roku. PlayOn discussion here will result in a locked thread.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________
No, I don't work for Roku.
OTA Antenna, "Netflix Player" N1000X, XDS 2100X (premature death by lightning)
Roku2 XD 3050X, Roku2 XS 3100R
User avatar
kc8pql
** Valued Community Member **
 
Posts: 8064
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:54 pm
Location: US

Re: History and discovery channel help

Postby Greygoose » Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:46 am

kc8pql wrote:
Greygoose wrote: how would i add the history channel to the plex server?

It would be best to ask that on the Plex forum. Also note that PlayOn is not supported by Roku. PlayOn discussion here will result in a locked thread.

Playon is most certainly supported by roku. i have it on my roku and thats how i currently get history and discovery channels.

Greygoose
Greygoose
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:43 pm

Re: History and discovery channel help

Postby Buckeye911 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:00 am

Greygoose wrote:
kc8pql wrote:
Greygoose wrote: how would i add the history channel to the plex server?

It would be best to ask that on the Plex forum. Also note that PlayOn is not supported by Roku. PlayOn discussion here will result in a locked thread.

Playon is most certainly supported by roku. i have it on my roku and thats how i currently get history and discovery channels.

Greygoose

No, PlayOn is NOT supported by Roku but is available as a private channel. Ask any Roku employee and they will tell you the same. Threads discussing PlayOn are usually locked fairly quickly.
Buckeye911
 
Posts: 757
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:04 am
Location: Chesapeake, Virginia

Re: History and discovery channel help

Postby lion7718 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:21 am

Greygoose wrote:Were not sure what you mean by that. i'm running the plex server and have everything up and running. how would i add the history channel to the plex server? it still lists youtube as having a channel, but its been pulled some time ago. the list shows discovery and history channel availability, but i can find anyone that knows how to get them connected.
Greygoose


YouTube is there also (but is having problems)...read this thread about 'Unsupported Appstore'...than download the '3rdParty-Plugin.bundle.zip'...(you will also find porn channels, but they're hidden in the app folder..not with other channels.)
http://forums.plexapp.com/index.php/topic/25523-unsupported-appstore/

Unsupported Plugin List
http://wiki.plexapp.com/index.php/Unsupported_plugins
lion7718
 
Posts: 475
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:01 am

Re: History and discovery channel help

Postby Greygoose » Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:42 am

]
Greygoose wrote: how would i add the history channel to the plex server?


No, PlayOn is NOT supported by Roku but is available as a private channel. Ask any Roku employee and they will tell you the same. Threads discussing PlayOn are usually locked fairly quickly.[/quote]
maybe i should just say the following. i have playon running from my roku without any issues. setup was that same as any other application that i've tried to add. it was a breeze to install and works flawlessly.

sorry about any confusion....

Greygoose
Greygoose
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:43 pm


Return to Roku Streaming Player General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 37 guests