Want to watch CNN which channel?? Please help

Moderators: RokuDouglas, RokuShawnS, RokuRyan, RokuJamesL, RokuKen

Want to watch CNN which channel?? Please help

Postby jatripko » Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:12 pm

Im fairly new to Roku, I recently posted a question about the real CNN. Not the International live feed the regular one. I have added CNN to my Roku and I can get the live International feed. I have to go to JUSTINTV to watch the regualr channel which is not on. Should I download something else so I can watch it? It seems that JUSTINTV has the best private channel out there. It lets you watch live TV but the live U.S. CNN is not on. Also why after maybe an hour or less my channel will drop off and I have to press play again, is it something I m not doing right? Please help. Thanks
jatripko

Re: Want to watch CNN which channel?? Please help

Postby tasha221 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:23 am

I understand what you are saying. The CNN feeds were off and on at best and now there hasn't been a CNN feed at all on Justin.tv for a few days now. I think we just have to wait for someone to start streaming it to Justin.tv again. Sucks cause I usually watch it daily and haven't been able to for a while. :(
tasha221

Postby jatripko » Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:21 pm

Thanks Tasha you hit the nail on the head. you answered my question right on thanks. Now who can we send an email to so we can watch CNN again??
jatripko

Postby LaLa » Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:45 pm

I watch it on USTVNow.
LaLa

Postby socantra » Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:46 pm

jatripko wrote:Now who can we send an email to so we can watch CNN again??

CNN?
Please attempt to maintain a thin veneer of civility.
Remember, you are speaking to strangers on the internet,
not your own family at home.
socantra

Postby vnzjunk » Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:52 pm

I watch it also but am restricted about naming the service here. But it does work fine.
LaLa wrote:I watch it on USTVNow.
vnzjunk

Postby FX4 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:25 pm

The only legal way of doing it that I know of is USTVNOW. JustIn TV feeds are pirate feeds that get pulled down regularly by Justin TV.
OTA - Antennacraft HDX 1000
Roku 3
Roku2 XS (x4)
Roku XD (x2)
Roku XR
Raspberry Pi XBMC
MacMini XBMC/Plex
ATV3
FX4

Postby LaLa » Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:15 am

vnzjunk wrote:I watch it also but am restricted about naming the service here. But it does work fine.

Yeah, I've tried that svc, too. I'm just not big on having to have my computer running in order to watch television. My little pet peeve, lol.

FX4 wrote:The only legal way of doing it that I know of is USTVNOW. JustIn TV feeds are pirate feeds that get pulled down regularly by Justin TV.

I used to watch it this way, too, and you're right they're pulled constantly. I wonder if the OP is trying to access an old one? It helps to enter CNN in the search to get the latest.

Also, doesn't CNN (US) show in the evening on CNN International? Someone here hipped me to that when I first cut the cord. Helped with my CNN fix until I found alternatives.
LaLa

Postby LaLa » Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:16 am

vnzjunk wrote:I watch it also but am restricted about naming the service here. But it does work fine.

Yeah, I've tried that svc, too. I'm just not big on having to have my computer running in order to watch television. My little pet peeve, lol.

FX4 wrote:The only legal way of doing it that I know of is USTVNOW. JustIn TV feeds are pirate feeds that get pulled down regularly by Justin TV.

I used to watch it this way, too, and you're right they're pulled constantly. I wonder if the OP is trying to access an old one? It helps to enter CNN in the search to get the latest.

Also, doesn't CNN (US) show in the evening on CNN International? Someone here hipped me to that when I first cut the cord. Helped with my CNN fix until I found alternatives.
LaLa

Postby FX4 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:17 am

LaLa wrote:

Yes, a lot of the International content is from the US feeds. I would say more than 50%.
Roku 3
Roku2 XS (x4)
Roku XD (x2)
Roku XR
Raspberry Pi XBMC
MacMini XBMC/Plex
ATV3
FX4

Postby vnzjunk » Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:31 am

A lot of Roku users do not get their panties all twisted in knots over what some posters idea of legal/illegal is or isn't. Mainly because it is just that......their own interpretation. Besides it is the same few posters that always bring up 'illegal' to channels they do not agree with adnauseum. Seems to be their mission in Roku life.
Other users just watch and enjoy all the available content knowing that if at some future date if it is brought to some court WITH THE ACTUAL AUTHORITY to order a cease in desist, may do so.............or not at their discretion. Or as has been shown by several channels............nothing is done in that regard and the channel/service remains usable to those who wish to avail themselves of it.
vnzjunk

Postby FX4 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:41 am

Well I'm kind of in the middle of those two extremes. I don't touch clearly pirated stuff, but I don't go hollering that's illegal all the time either when most of the time it's not. Often what people think is illegal has something to do contractual agreements between certain entities that has nothing to do with a third party. The pirated feeds on Justin TV are just that and Justin TV pulls them down regularly. I was excited when I first found the news feeds only to realize that they were being slung off of some guys sling player in his living room. I don't bother with it anymore, there is too much good stuff that can be had legitimately, including some things a few people holler is illegal, which is not.
Roku 3
Roku2 XS (x4)
Roku XD (x2)
Roku XR
Raspberry Pi XBMC
MacMini XBMC/Plex
ATV3
FX4

Return to Roku Streaming Player General Discussion