Nowhere TV

Moderators: RokuDouglas, RokuShawnS, RokuKen, RokuRyan, RokuJamesL

Re: Nowhere TV

Postby nfldanchor » Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:13 pm

Could you please add Red Bull Tv to your channel. I have two teenagers and they love that channel. Also in your traffic channel I would like to see Newfoundland & Labrador in Canada road cams added. You already have Halifax which is right next tour province. Also a pre set or search on traffic channel would be a great addition . Thanks for your time and your channels are great! :)
nfldanchor

Postby genuinegirl » Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:45 am

Hello Nowhere man,

I very much enjoy Nowhere TV. My favorite channel is the Lifetime channel. I was wondering what happened to Project Runway? I've been watching this season, and I saw the new episode was posted Thursday morning... then I went to watch it last night (sat sept 29th) and all the episodes are gone and there's no content? Can you put them back up, i've watched the whole season and it's frustrating to have it disappear mid season.

Thanks!
genuinegirl

Postby krisbee » Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:58 am

genuinegirl wrote:Hello Nowhere man,

I very much enjoy Nowhere TV. My favorite channel is the Lifetime channel. I was wondering what happened to Project Runway? I've been watching this season, and I saw the new episode was posted Thursday morning... then I went to watch it last night (sat sept 29th) and all the episodes are gone and there's no content? Can you put them back up, i've watched the whole season and it's frustrating to have it disappear mid season.

Thanks!

It has nothing to do with the channel, it only aggregates content from the providers. For years Project Runway hasn't been available on NowhereTV, only on the website - it was a fluke that you had gotten to watch it most likely due to an error from the website which allowed it temporarily to slip through the cracks...
krisbee

Postby rrobstet » Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:00 pm

What happened to the CBC stream? Its now the NBC affiliate in Detroit! Is it coming back?
rrobstet

Re: Nowhere TV -cspam and AMC

Postby thediva » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:13 pm

Hi Nowhereman,

I've been trying to watch the Brown and Warren debate on your c-span channel and it won't load. Every other video in Cspan plays just fine, but not the 9/20/12 debate. It tries to load and crashes in about 2 seconds.

Also, is there any chance of getting AMC? I have dish network and Dish and AMC are in a nasty fight. (sorry if this was already asked.)
thediva

Re: Nowhere TV -cspam and AMC

Postby bitsnbytes » Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:10 am

thediva wrote:Hi Nowhereman,

I've been trying to watch the Brown and Warren debate on your c-span channel and it won't load. Every other video in Cspan plays just fine, but not the 9/20/12 debate. It tries to load and crashes in about 2 seconds.

Also, is there any chance of getting AMC? I have dish network and Dish and AMC are in a nasty fight. (sorry if this was already asked.)

The debate video plays successfully now.
bitsnbytes

Postby sincitywiz » Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:35 pm

I am new to Roku and have to say I really enjoy Nowhere TV. Thank you for all of the work you do.

I would like to second the notion of having a group of streams from the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation (CBC). If it were somehow possible to to aggregate feeds from the flagship station in Toronto plus feeds from Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Winnipeg, Ottawa and Montreal that would be amazing. As a hockey fan, I am hoping to catch Hockey Night In Canada on the Toronto CBC feed somehow.

Thanks again,

The Wiz
sincitywiz

Postby steamer » Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:51 pm

rrobstet wrote:What happened to the CBC stream? Its now the NBC affiliate in Detroit! Is it coming back?

ditto
same thing on Mummybox ...
so something with the feed i guess ...
which is hopefully, temporary.
"The Selection of Random Numbers is too Important to be Left to Chance."

Roku 1 - Model #2100X V 3.1 b1017
Roku 2 - Model #3100X V 5.5.321
both wired
VisionNet ADSL2+4 Ports Wireless
Toshiba 40G300U HDMI, 1080P
steamer

Postby okuR » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:13 pm

Lots of great stuff. Thanks for the channel.
One question, why is everything on the adult swim channel pixely whenever there's movement on the screen?
Live action isn't too painful, but the cartoons are hard to watch.
Thank you so much, regardless!!!!
okuR

Postby krisbee » Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:55 am

okuR wrote:Lots of great stuff. Thanks for the channel.
One question, why is everything on the adult swim channel pixely whenever there's movement on the screen?
Live action isn't too painful, but the cartoons are hard to watch.
Thank you so much, regardless!!!!

Please remember the channel doesn't do anything except find compatible feeds. think of it as just a big RSS/newsfeed reader

The bad video you see is what adult swim gives to people in an .mp4 format.. presumably because they only expect you to watch on an cell phone where you wouldn't notice.
krisbee

Postby vnzjunk » Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:30 am

nfldanchor wrote:Could you please add Red Bull Tv to your channel. I have two teenagers and they love that channel. Also in your traffic channel I would like to see Newfoundland & Labrador in Canada road cams added. You already have Halifax which is right next tour province. Also a pre set or search on traffic channel would be a great addition . Thanks for your time and your channels are great! :)

At one time there was a Red Bull channel. Can't remember if it was a private one or in the channel store. I have no idea if it is active any more. You might use the search button top right of the page and see what you can come up with or possibly search the private channel lists that abound.

Happy Hunting
vnzjunk

Postby Buckeye911 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:46 am

nfldanchor wrote:Could you please add Red Bull Tv to your channel. I have two teenagers and they love that channel. Also in your traffic channel I would like to see Newfoundland & Labrador in Canada road cams added. You already have Halifax which is right next tour province. Also a pre set or search on traffic channel would be a great addition . Thanks for your time and your channels are great! :)

There has been a private channel available for quite some time. The code to add the private channel is "redbulltv" without the quotes. I don't know if it's working right now or not, they were having trouble with it on the source end back in March when it wasn't working on Android or ios either.
Buckeye911

Postby rrobstet » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:46 pm

I just got the Nowhere TV channel last week. Does the CBC stream change every weekend? Last weekend it was the NBC Detroit affiliate (it changed back to CBC Calgary during the week), now its TSN. At least this weekend its a Canadian channel :D
rrobstet

Postby karld » Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:53 pm

Dear Nowhereman,
My wife informs me that LiveWell Network is not working at this time on NowhereTV.
The content will show up in the interface, but the videos will not load.

Thanks for making NowhereTV available and your general support!
karld

Postby bexn » Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:15 pm

RokuChris -

The Guild (Geek & Sundry) season 6 started on Oct 2. Any chance you plan to update the channel to reflect this? So far, S06E01 and bonus for that episode has been released.

Also, would you please consider adding UWTV to Education & Culture (see http://www.uwtv.org/services/distribution.aspx). The on demand will work, not sure about the live programing. If not, I'll add them as favorites.

Thanks!
Said goodbye to satellite in 2010 in favor of my Rokus, HTPC & OTA. It's the only way to fly! Member of Amazon Prime & DramaFever since 2011, Hulu Plus since 2010 and Netflix since 2009. Less expensive & better quality entertainment!
bexn
** Valued Community Member **

PreviousNext

Return to Roku Streaming Player General Discussion