MLB Postseason

Moderators: RokuDouglas, RokuShawnS, RokuRyan, RokuJamesL, RokuKen

MLB Postseason

Postby steamer » Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:09 pm

seems the MLB forum has disappeared ...
and i find no FAQ that addresses my question ...
which is ...
do the post season games come with this years Premium 2012?
or are we going to have to buy the post season?
i didn't have an account last year, so only purchased the post
season separately later on.
anyone know?
tia
"The Selection of Random Numbers is too Important to be Left to Chance."

Roku 1 - Model #2100X V 3.1 b1017
Roku 2 - Model #3100X V 5.5.321
both wired
VisionNet ADSL2+4 Ports Wireless
Toshiba 40G300U HDMI, 1080P
steamer

Re: MLB Postseason

Postby DaBronx » Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:18 pm

Post season is included with the annual package however none of the playoff games will be available live in the US as all are on networks. Archives as usual ready for viewing about 90 minutes after conclusion of the game.

At bat 12 feature will work for live radio broadcasts.

Peace

brett
Roku2 XS #13A164000326, Roku3 (still in factory sealed box), Roku1, wired to Netgear WND 3700 router, 100 mb cable broadband, Samsung 50" 720p plasma tv, (Subscriber- Hulu+, Netflix, HBOGO, EPIX HD, 2014 MLB.TV Premium)
DaBronx
** Valued Community Member **

Postby DaBronx » Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:22 pm

Here are the details from the MLB website @ http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/subscriptions/index.jsp?&c_id=mlb&affiliateId=mlbMENU

Postseason Live Blackout: Due to Major League Baseball exclusivities, during the MLB Postseason, all live games will be blacked out in the United States (including the territories of Guam and the U.S. Virgin Islands) and Canada. If you are an MLB.TV Premium Subscriber outside of the United States and Canada, each of these games will be available as an archived game as soon as possible after the conclusion of the applicable game. If you are an MLB.TV Premium Subscriber within the United States or Canada or an MLB.TV subscriber in any territory, each of these games will be available as an archived game approximately 90 minutes after the conclusion of the applicable game.

Postseason.TV: Subscribers to Postseason.TV, available only during the MLB Postseason, will be able to view live alternative video feeds (excluding the broadcast feed) from MLB Postseason games without blackout restrictions.

Live Audio of those games subject to the blackout restrictions reflected above is available as part of any MLB.TV subscription, as part of MLB.com Gameday Audio.

Peace

brett
Roku2 XS #13A164000326, Roku3 (still in factory sealed box), Roku1, wired to Netgear WND 3700 router, 100 mb cable broadband, Samsung 50" 720p plasma tv, (Subscriber- Hulu+, Netflix, HBOGO, EPIX HD, 2014 MLB.TV Premium)
DaBronx

Postby steamer » Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:37 pm

well alrighty then ...
thanks, figured you would know. ;)

i can never make sense of MLB.tv's mumbo jumbo ...
so here's hoping you are correct.
i wasn't thinking about it much until today ...
and now it looks like me Tigers will be there. ;)

EDIT: and i did confirm with MLB.tv that my premium subscription
does include the post season ...
of course, all of them sill be blacked out. ;(

both wired
steamer

Postby zepherz » Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:15 pm

DaBronx wrote:Here are the details from the MLB website @ http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/subscriptions/index.jsp?&c_id=mlb&affiliateId=mlbMENU

Postseason Live Blackout: Due to Major League Baseball exclusivities, during the MLB Postseason, all live games will be blacked out in the United States (including the territories of Guam and the U.S. Virgin Islands) and Canada. If you are an MLB.TV Premium Subscriber outside of the United States and Canada, each of these games will be available as an archived game as soon as possible after the conclusion of the applicable game. If you are an MLB.TV Premium Subscriber within the United States or Canada or an MLB.TV subscriber in any territory, each of these games will be available as an archived game approximately 90 minutes after the conclusion of the applicable game.

Postseason.TV: Subscribers to Postseason.TV, available only during the MLB Postseason, will be able to view live alternative video feeds (excluding the broadcast feed) from MLB Postseason games without blackout restrictions.

Live Audio of those games subject to the blackout restrictions reflected above is available as part of any MLB.TV subscription, as part of MLB.com Gameday Audio.

Peace

Please how does one subscribe to Postseason.tv? I have the Premium MLB but have not been able to figure out how to subscribe to Postseason.tv. It is probably too late now but next year I will know how to do it.

Thanks

brett
zepherz

Postby DaBronx » Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:03 pm

Postseason TV should be available on the MLB website after tonight's games and the regular season are completed. Tomorrow at the latest.

But right now I have Red Sox-Yanks on the Roku and Orioles-Rays on the laptop on the coffee table. What a finish.

Peace

brett
DaBronx

Postby zepherz » Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:10 pm

DaBronx wrote:Postseason TV should be available on the MLB website after tonight's games and the regular season are completed. Tomorrow at the latest.

But right now I have Red Sox-Yanks on the Roku and Orioles-Rays on the laptop on the coffee table. What a finish.

Peace

brett

Yeah and how about them A's? :) Thanks for the info I was confused as to how to subscribe to that. I guess the info is clear to some but it seemed to elude me thanks again.

Go Yanks!

Bob
zepherz

Postby mike6262 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:55 pm

I don't think postseason.tv is available on the ROKU. If i remember correctly it wasn't last year at least.
mike6262

Postby DaBronx » Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:43 am

mike6262 wrote:I don't think postseason.tv is available on the ROKU. If i remember correctly it wasn't last year at least.

It wasn't available last season on the Roku as you said and it doesn't look like it will be this year either.

MLB has put up the Postseason.TV page @ http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/subscriptions/index.jsp?product=pstv&affiliateId=PSTVREDIRECT and it looks like it only is a companion to TBS and MLB network games and does not include the NLDS or World Series.

Peace

brett
DaBronx

Postby steamer » Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:43 am

DaBronx wrote:
mike6262 wrote:I don't think postseason.tv is available on the ROKU. If i remember correctly it wasn't last year at least.

It wasn't available last season on the Roku as you said and it doesn't look like it will be this year either.

MLB has put up the Postseason.TV page @ http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/subscriptions/index.jsp?product=pstv&affiliateId=PSTVREDIRECT and it looks like it only is a companion to TBS and MLB network games and does not include the NLDS or World Series.

Peace

brett

~~~
i DID watch the post season last year on the Roku ...
but at that time i was new to Roku and had only purchased the
post season package around this time of the year. $24.99 as i recall.

this year the post season games are part of my premium package
but i just talked to mlb and they will NOT be available on Roku!
PC/Mac only. and subject to blackout.

same with the above postseason tv package ...
although for that $4.99, i will [or so they say] be able to watch
them live, with no blackouts.
so i'll probably do it.
but i don't think it's fair to keep coming yup with new carrots
to dangle in front of us baseball junkies/addicts!
we can't help ourselves! ;)

btw ... what a great end to the season ...
although i don't expect the ranger fans agree. ;)

both wired
steamer

Postby DaBronx » Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:56 am

steamer wrote:
DaBronx wrote:

Peace

brett

~~~
i DID watch the post season last year on the Roku ...
but at that time i was new to Roku and had only purchased the
post season package around this time of the year. $24.99 as i recall.

this year the post season games are part of my premium package
but i just talked to mlb and they will NOT be available on Roku!
PC/Mac only. and subject to blackout.

same with the above postseason tv package ...
although for that $4.99, i will [or so they say] be able to watch
them live, with no blackouts.
so i'll probably do it.
but i don't think it's fair to keep coming yup with new carrots
to dangle in front of us baseball junkies/addicts!
we can't help ourselves! ;)

btw ... what a great end to the season ...
although i don't expect the ranger fans agree. ;)

If you have the MLB.TV Premium package the playoff and world series games will all be available on the Roku, just not live as all are on networks and blacked out. However all games will appear as archives in the usual 90 minutes or so after completion.

That's how I watched the playoffs last season and will this year too, no cable or sat here and limited OTA reception because I live near Bob Hope including no reception of local Fox station. Which is a good thing sometimes, keeps Tim McCarver's voice out of the house but also keeps NASCAR out which is bad.

Wish Roku offered the alternate audio overlay feature that is available on some platforms for MLB.TV. Then I could watch the network broadcast archives with the local team announcers (John and Susan for the Yanks) and no McBoring.

Go Yankees, enjoy the rest until Sunday.

Peace

brett
DaBronx

Postby steamer » Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:19 am

If you have the MLB.TV Premium package the playoff and world series games will all be available on the Roku, just not live as all are on networks and blacked out. However all games will appear as archives in the usual 90 minutes or so after completion.

well brett ...
i know i watched them last year ... after blackout of course.
but ...
i just got off the phone with mlb ...
and i had called to ask this specifically.
they said:
"post season games will NOT be available on Roku ...
regardless of what package/subscription i have.
PC or Mac only."
so ... what are we to think?

i did spring for the $4.99 postseason.tv ...
it's not on Roku either ...
but hopefully i'll be able to watch via PC with no blackouts.
but who knows?
ask 10 people, get 10 different answers.

looking forward to the tigers taking out the yanks again. ;)
btw ... granderson scared me last nite ...
i like the guy, but really didn't want to see him hit 4 homers
and ruin the triple crown for miggy. ;)

both wired
steamer

Postby DaBronx » Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:37 am

steamer wrote:
well brett ...
but ...
they said:
PC or Mac only."

I think the MLB phone reps are idiots. Same for their support forum moderators. Both phone and fan forum support for MLB are as useful as an ejection seat on a helicopter. Totally useless.

I have come to the conclusion that MLB must give all prospective employees a standard intelligence test and if they pass the intelligence test they are not hired.

If the playoffs and world series are not available on the Roku as archives about 90 minutes after completion then I will be very surprised. And pretty upset too.

More will be revealed.

Peace

brett
DaBronx

Postby steamer » Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:54 am

DaBronx wrote:
steamer wrote:
well brett ...
but ...
they said:
PC or Mac only."

I think the MLB phone reps are idiots. Same for their support forum moderators. Both phone and fan forum support for MLB are as useful as an ejection seat on a helicopter. Totally useless.

I have come to the conclusion that MLB must give all prospective employees a standard intelligence test and if they pass the intelligence test they are not hired.

If the playoffs and world series are not available on the Roku as archives about 90 minutes after completion then I will be very surprised. And pretty upset too.

More will be revealed.

Peace

brett

i hear ya.
yes, talking to mlb is like talking to a robot ...
scripted answers, yada, yada, yada.

well, just now i checked on Roku and i see that it shows the
wild card games for friday and games on saturday as well.
hope this is so.
i may have wasted $4.99 on the postseason.tv thing ...
but that's ok as it seems the only way to get the real skinny
is to find out directly for oneself.
if i can manage to watch and not have blackouts ...
it will be worth it.
it does show me all the postseason archived games from
2007 to 2011 tho. too bad the tigers weren't in any of those
prior to 2011. ;)

we will see.

both wired
steamer

Postby vnzjunk » Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:36 am

I got in on the 24 hour special MLB $10 deal a month ago. It worked out absolutely great over the Roku for the final weeks of the season, especially yesterdays games. And will be fine for the after the game viewing through the playoffs till the world series. Well worth the $10. Today I see that they offer $4.99 for no blackout games online and via mobile devices which I do not have. Had the local team not been involved I wudn't have wanted/needed live coverage but with the local team in thought might as well watch their games live. So popped for the $4.99 special. I have HDMI output on my desktop so I feed the vid to my HDTV for viewing. I think that I heard that there is no audio, just the raw video feed with crowd noises. If this is correct I will either use a regular radio for the audio or maybe the roku box feeding the MLB/Radio audio feed to an external amp/speaker. Hope the delay is not too objectionable.

Where there is a will there is a way.

Play Ball !
vnzjunk

Next

Return to Roku Streaming Player General Discussion