Weather4US scam?

Moderators: RokuDouglas, RokuShawnS, RokuRyan, RokuJamesL, RokuKen

Weather4US scam?

Postby lsc » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:57 pm

I paid through for the Weather4US premium version a while back. Now I get a message that my free version will terminate in 30 days and I will have to pay (again). What gives? I had been receiving the premium version since making the requested payment mostly to help out..
Roku 2 XS; ATT DSL; Netgear Wireless Gateway; Ethernet; LG 32" HDTV; HDMI; 1080p
lsc

Re: Weather4US scam?

Postby mikebdoss » Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:35 pm

lsc wrote:I paid through for the Weather4US premium version a while back. Now I get a message that my free version will terminate in 30 days and I will have to pay (again). What gives? I had been receiving the premium version since making the requested payment mostly to help out..

Perhaps the channel updated? I know sometimes I have to reauthorize when a channel gets an update. Have you tried contacting them? I'd bet on mistake before "scam".
mikebdoss
** Valued Community Member **

Postby RokuShawnS » Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:46 pm

I'll send out a general email in a moment referencing this thread. Like mikedboss said above, it's probably just an update that caused this problem, though I don't know for sure.

C. Shawn Smith
Forum Community Liaison

------------
The Cosmos is all that is, and all that was, and ever will be. -- Carl Sagan
RokuShawnS
Roku Engineering

Postby TheEndless » Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:50 pm

lsc wrote:I paid through for the Weather4US premium version a while back. Now I get a message that my free version will terminate in 30 days and I will have to pay (again). What gives? I had been receiving the premium version since making the requested payment mostly to help out..

Have you tried re-entering the key you received when you originally purchased the channel? If that doesn't work, then I'd try to contact them (support@weather4us.com) before suspecting that it's a scam.
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), MainSqueeze (MAINSQUEEZE), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), Justin.tv (JUSTINTV), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
TheEndless

Postby RokuPatrick » Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:54 pm

You should not have to pay again. Anyone that had previously purchased should still keep premium
Patrick
Roku Developer Program Manager
RokuPatrick

Postby mjpm » Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:36 am

What improvements are on the paid version?
----------------------------
Cut the FIOS cord on 4/2/12.
mjpm

Postby overtimeman » Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:00 am

No ads to fool with mostly.Someone posted that Roku2 has some more options on the channel.I'm still using my XDS so I couldn't vouch on that statement.But I do use Weather4US daily.
I used to have a life before Roku!
overtimeman

Postby kc8pql » Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:17 am

mjpm wrote:What improvements are on the paid version?

Go to the free version of the channel and click "Weather4Us PLUS at the top of the page to see a
partial list of what the paid version adds. It's seems to be quite a lot actually.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________
No, I don't work for Roku.
OTA Antenna, "Netflix Player" N1000X, XDS 2100X (premature death by lightning)
Roku2 XD 3050X, Roku2 XS 3100R
kc8pql

Postby mjpm » Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:13 am

kc8pql wrote:
mjpm wrote:What improvements are on the paid version?

Go to the free version of the channel and click "Weather4Us PLUS at the top of the page to see a
partial list of what the paid version adds. It's seems to be quite a lot actually.

Thanks. Will do.
mjpm

Postby MultiQs » Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:34 am

Hey all. We've moved Weather4us to a paid application after a 30 day trial. It is in the process of rolling out (takes up to 36 hours) so some of you still have the older version referring to the PLUS upgrade but that will soon be replaced with the" try, then buy to continue" version. If you already paid for the PLUS version then you don't have to pay again, in fact you shouldn't have even have to re-enter your key. But if you do encounter problems and re-entering your PLUS key doesn't work then please let me know at support@weather4us.com and will get things fixed.

As to the new features for the paid version, they're mostly the old PLUS features: a MUCH more exciting screensaver with forecast ticker, trends, and many more slides, and an detailed hourly forecast for each of the next 4-5 days. In addition, we've improved the background details of the radar, and made some other minor enhancements.

As always, thanks for your continued support!
MultiQs

Postby mjpm » Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:07 am

This is a $4.99 one-time payment?
mjpm

Postby MultiQs » Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:27 pm

mjpm wrote:This is a $4.99 one-time payment?

Yes, one-time fee of $4.99 - we've submitted an update to Roku ( hopefully will get published Monday) that makes that more clear. Sorry for the confusion.
MultiQs

Postby overtimeman » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:26 am

The only complaint I have sorta is that the present radar at night shows mostly ground clutter.The whole area shows green when it's really humid outside.Maybe someday you can utilize doppler radar which doesn't have this problem.Still love the app though!I still use the XDS wired and could someone tell me what more Roku2 offers with this app.Mike :?:
I used to have a life before Roku!
overtimeman

Postby jordie » Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:50 am

I have tried to contact weather4us via their email "support@weather4us.com" and it doesn't work! I receive a message that says the email account has been disabled. I'm trying to cancel my subscription with them. ugh. there isn't any other way to contact them on their website either.
jordie

Postby catastrophegirl » Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:15 am

jordie wrote:I have tried to contact weather4us via their email "support@weather4us.com" and it doesn't work! I receive a message that says the email account has been disabled. I'm trying to cancel my subscription with them. ugh. there isn't any other way to contact them on their website either.

look up in this thread for the user MultiQs. that's the developer. they will likely be along to address your post pretty soon, or maybe you could try sending a private message via this forum if you still cannot send an email to the official email
N1000, roku1 XD/s, roku2 xs, roku3
wireless
speed range from ~18-20mbps
http://catastrophegirlsrokuchanneldata.blogspot.com/
twitter: catastrophegirl
PM or tweet me if you want a channel added to my list, a correction or to update a developers' credit
catastrophegirl

Next

Return to Roku Streaming Player General Discussion