Facebook App Setup

Moderators: RokuDouglas, RokuShawnS, RokuKen, RokuRyan, RokuJamesL

Facebook App Setup

Postby UK-Michael » Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:31 am

I am trying to set up Facebook App on a Roku LT. I enter code into Facebook successfully so app active there. Roku device then says activation is completed. However when I try to use the app Roku device says code is incorrect. I have tried this many times without any success. Can anyone help??

Michael
UK-Michael

Re: Facebook App Setup

Postby RodHeb » Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:57 pm

Three days later and no response. Nice. I have had the Roku hooked up for five hours now and completely unimpressed. Facebook is one of TWELVE apps/channels shown on the front of the box, and it simply doesn't work. I am a very experienced computer user, and I can't get it to work, even though both the Roku and Facebook appear to say it's just fine and dandy, yet the Roku keeps saying invalid code after pressing start. So I come here, and I see that the same question goes unanswered for three days. False advertising. Lack of support. Completely unimpressed with Roku from the start. They should be sued for false advertising. I'll join any class action someone starts. This is ridiculous. Never mind that on the box, it says step 1: plug it in. Step 2: Add to network. Step 3: Enjoy. Right. I couldn't even get anything to show up on my screen until I went through the information harvest and setup -- INCLUDING CREDIT CARD NUMBER. You need to set up a username and enter a valid credit card to even get anything to show up off the bat. That is SO not "Step 3: Enjoy". Roku obviously has a few things to learn about marketing and advertising. They have failed so, SO miserably.
RodHeb

Postby Buckeye911 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:03 pm

The Facebook channel has been a real problem lately for a lot of people but it's not a full blown Facebook experience anyway. All you can do with it is look at pictures and videos. I've heard they are working on fixing the issues but It's not one of the most popular channels on Roku but there is a ton of great other content available.
Buckeye911

Postby Mdbraze » Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:23 pm

I've been trying for over a week now and I get the same error message. If anyone figures out a solution please let me know.
Mdbraze

Postby RokuShawnS » Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:40 pm

Enter the Channel Store and Exit via the Home key. I believe there's been an update to the channel.

C. Shawn Smith
Forum Community Liaison

------------
The Cosmos is all that is, and all that was, and ever will be. -- Carl Sagan
RokuShawnS
Roku Engineering

Postby mflanders300 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:24 pm

I just tried to setup the Facebook channel and got the same problem. Facebook says "You have successfully connected your device with Facebook! You may now return to your device." and my Roku says "you have sucessfully linked your Roku player to your Facebook account. Select 'Start' to begin." When I select start it says "you have entered an invalid registration code. Plese try again." I have entered and exited the channel store and that didn't help.-
mflanders300

Postby Mdbraze » Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:42 pm

I ended up deleting the Facebook app on the Roku, and then re-installing it. It worked fine after that. I can't say why though.
Mdbraze

Postby RickRansom » Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:22 am

mflanders300 wrote:I have entered and exited the channel store and that didn't help.-

After entering the code on your PC, did you get the prompt[pop-up] that roku[the app] was asking for permissions[like other facebook apps do] prior to activation? If you hit "Skip" instead of "Allow" then that could be the issue. That's what happened to me the first time I did it. But that was before this problem happened. Haven't gotten the chance to give it another try since September of last year.
Retired
RickRansom

Postby mflanders300 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:32 am

I did allow permissions. I will try to uninstall and reinstall the channel tonight and see if that works.

RickRansom wrote:
mflanders300 wrote:I have entered and exited the channel store and that didn't help.-

After entering the code on your PC, did you get the prompt[pop-up] that roku[the app] was asking for permissions[like other facebook apps do] prior to activation? If you hit "Skip" instead of "Allow" then that could be the issue. That's what happened to me the first time I did it. But that was before this problem happened. Haven't gotten the chance to give it another try since September of last year.
mflanders300

Postby UK-Michael » Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:42 am

I did uninstall and reinstall of the facebook app this morning. App now logs in correctly and can browse photo and videos.
UK-Michael

Postby Giverny » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:17 pm

What do you mean by " install uninstall"? Are you talking about taking it off your list of "my channels"?
I have done that and then re-added plus did general roku software update but same problem. Anyone figure this out? :(
Giverny

Postby RokuShawnS » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:20 pm

Uninstall = Delete channel from channel line-up
Reboot Roku
Reinstall = Add channel

Sometimes a factory reset will work as well. Understand that you will have to relink all accounts (Netflix, Vudu, HuluPlus, etc).

C. Shawn Smith
Forum Community Liaison

------------
The Cosmos is all that is, and all that was, and ever will be. -- Carl Sagan
RokuShawnS
Roku Engineering

Postby Jillxz » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:40 pm

I've, been thinking about getting the Roku 3 , but with no Youtube , No web browser , and now since reading this thread with little support and big problems , my mind is completely made up. No Roku for me at this time . No , not until there are vast future improvements.
Jillxz

Postby socantra » Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:28 pm

Jillxz wrote:my mind is completely made up. No Roku for me at this time . No , not until there are vast future improvements.

Glad to see you've made up your mind. Its nice to see you drop in every two and a half years or so................. :)
Please attempt to maintain a thin veneer of civility.
Remember, you are speaking to strangers on the internet,
not your own family at home.
socantra

Postby kc8pql » Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:09 pm

...meanwhile I'll continue to enjoy my boxes, along with the other 5 million users.
How'd that Boxee Box work out for you? :lol:
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
No, I don't work for Roku.
OTA Antenna, "Netflix Player" N1000X, XDS 2100X (premature death by lightning)
Roku2 XD 3050X, Roku2 XS 3100R
kc8pql
** Valued Community Member **

Return to Roku Streaming Player General Discussion