Roku XS will not connect after Wireless Modem Change

Moderators: RokuShawnS, RokuDouglas, RokuKen, RokuRyan, RokuJamesL

Roku XS will not connect after Wireless Modem Change

Postby jagster » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:35 am

Ok, it's been many hours of reading this board and attempting fixes, and now I'm frustrated and ready to throw my Roku out the window. Any help would be appreciated. My Linksys WTR54GS router stopped working on Monday, so I replaced it with an Amped R10000G Wireless Router today (Friday). I have always used an Amped 150 Wireless Extender, so I put the new router access code in the Extender and my wireless is now more potent then ever....as shown by every other wireless device I have in the house..and have used successfully this morning. I hard wired my Roku XS to the extender as it was before...and it can't join my local network. I disconnected the wire and tried to wirelessly connect, got a code 014, unable to connect to wireless network. I powered off all four units (Roku, wireless extender, wireless router and modem) and powered them back on as suggested in another post as a fix...that didn't work. I did a factory reset, that didn't work...did it all again after letting it sit a while, that didn't work. I'm open to ideas before I test out that old curveball throw!
jagster

Re: Roku XS will not connect after Wireless Modem Change

Postby jagster » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:36 am

Before anyone asks...yes I did check the firewall in the router and all of its features are turned off.
jagster

Postby RokuMarkn » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:39 am

Make sure that LAN side pings (ICMP) are enabled in your router.

--Mark
RokuMarkn
Roku Engineering

Postby jagster » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:37 am

Thank you - that helped...I can now connect to the network but am met with a 011 Error code...cannot connect to Roku now, try again later. Thoughts?
jagster

Postby RickRansom » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:47 am

Code 11 usually means the Roku failed while performing the software update. Since you're doing the update via wireless, try to change the wireless channel on the router from auto to 1 or 11.
Everyone is a genius.
But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree,
it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.

-A Einstein
RickRansom

Return to Roku Streaming Player General Discussion