Roku & dish Network

Moderators: RokuDouglas, RokuShawnS, RokuKen, RokuRyan, RokuJamesL

Roku & dish Network

Postby waynecu1 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:15 pm

Question is there a work around for the Roku3 player and dish Network receiver. I get them both to work but if I want to watch TV2/Bedroom and the Mrs. wants to watch Hulu+ on TV1 where the dish duo 722K receiver is located it cannot be done the TV2 will show picture and the program but you cannot change channels or watch DVR programs . I talk with Roku support several times they stated that Roku must have it own TV setup separate from dish TV setup huh ? And I also walk with dish tech support and they said that the Roku signal is interfering with dish signal and they are sending me antenna extender I do not think it will help but it is worth shot I will let forum know if it does fix it. I know dish is setup for 2 TV using the 722k duo receiver/player but that should not have anything to do with Roku. If I change dish receiver to TV1 single mode I can watch what is on that channel or watch record program but if I want to stop or pause playback I must walk out to living room change sources on TV1 from HDMI port4 to Port1 HDTV/dish network and change to a channel that is a real hassle to do So if someone know a fix for this please let me know thanks
waynecu1

Re: Roku & dish Network

Postby jeffrok » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:37 pm

I'm very confused.. How is the Dish receiver hooked up to the TV and your network, first of all?
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koy2eg1ioZ8&list=HL1380998604&feature=mh_lolz
jeffrok
** Valued Community Member **

Postby waynecu1 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:21 pm

Well the Roku3 is plug into port4 HDMI Living Room HDTV and my dish duo 722K is plug into HDTV port 1 HDMI this will allow me to control 2 TV Living room is TV1 Bedroom TV2 I have 4 port for HDMI Roku recommend I move my player about 6ft from dish receiver which I did with no results. I talked to both Roku and dish Network support and dish is sending me a antenna extender to boost signal to TV2 /bedroom. But I do not think it going to work well see in few hours when the antenna extender get here. From some of the other posts I see others are having issues with Roku as well. As I have stated I can get both dish and Roku to work just means unplugging Roku if I want to watch 2tv or change my duo 722k receiver to single mode which means both TV 1 & 2 are on same channel or same DVR program and also I have to use 3 remotes to do this when one would be so much better Roku remote for it channel then I need my TV remote to change sources from port 1 to port 4 then my dish remote to control dish contents that too many steps + if I want to watch another program or channel I must walk out to living room to change program place Roku on pause then change sources on TV remote what hassle. If you know a short cut or a fix for this please advise thank you
waynecu1

Postby ronfelder » Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:21 am

jeffrok wrote:I'm very confused.. How is the Dish receiver hooked up to the TV and your network, first of all?

I've got you beat I haven't the foggiest idea as to what he want sto do and what the problem is. sorry perhaps it's me that is confused.
Roku 2100x, (2) Roku2 3100x , Actiontec M1424-WR Rev I modem/router, Verizon FIOS 25/25, LG HDTV 42LH90, Pioneer VSX-920 Audio/Video Multi Channel Receiver
ronfelder

Postby philsoft » Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:50 am

He needs a Harmony Remote (or equivalent) to do what he wants the way I am reading it anyway. It looks like he wants to switch inputs and control his devices all with one remote and fewer steps.
philsoft

Postby dlester03 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:52 am

ronfelder wrote:
jeffrok wrote:I'm very confused.. How is the Dish receiver hooked up to the TV and your network, first of all?

I've got you beat I haven't the foggiest idea as to what he want sto do and what the problem is. sorry perhaps it's me that is confused.

Well, I looked up his Dish Duo 722k unit and I can honestly say that I would not buy one of these. It just seems like too much work to get a picture on the second TV that is only in Standard Definition. TV1 is using HDMI and TV2 is connected via Coax from what I can tell.

http://www.satelliteone.com/pdfs/dish_722k.pdf
dlester03

Postby waynecu1 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:28 am

How do I remove membership in this forum I do not like the negative comments and replies and find it rude and condescending. Let me know ASAP I will not be using it anymore and found it to be not very helpful at all.
Dish network sending tech Monday to setup Roku3 and my dish Receiver which is what I should have done to begin with
waynecu1

Postby ronfelder » Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:29 am

dlester03 wrote:
ronfelder wrote:

Well, I looked up his Dish Duo 722k unit and I can honestly say that I would not buy one of these. It just seems like too much work to get a picture on the second TV that is only in Standard Definition. TV1 is using HDMI and TV2 is connected via Coax from what I can tell.

http://www.satelliteone.com/pdfs/dish_722k.pdf

You are correct that is how the 722k works. I previously had one and the second tv2 out is SD. That was fine with me at the time for it fed my daughter's 19" crt tv so it worked out perfectly for me. I've since upgraded to a Hopper and two Joey's. One Joey feeds the same tv and the other Joey my HDTV in my bedroom. My main living room HDTV has the Hopper.

To be honest with you you might not like the setup of the 722k but it is a very good dvr. It was created when HDTV wasn't as popular so it having SD for the secondary output was no big deal at the time. My cable run to her tv was a very simple install. I only upgraded for I wanted to feed the house with HD and have multi room dvr. The other popular features PTAT and Auto Hop were less important to me.

Getting back to his question . What is he trying to do with the 722k and the Roku. I've reread the post multiple times and have yet to figure out his question.
Roku 2100x, (2) Roku2 3100x , Actiontec M1424-WR Rev I modem/router, Verizon FIOS 25/25, LG HDTV 42LH90, Pioneer VSX-920 Audio/Video Multi Channel Receiver
ronfelder

Postby philsoft » Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:32 am

waynecu1 wrote:How do I remove membership in this forum I do not like the negative comments and replies and find it rude and condescending. Let me know ASAP I will not be using it anymore and found it to be not very helpful at all.
Dish network sending tech Monday to setup Roku3 and my dish Receiver which is what I should have done to begin with

The wording of your posts was difficult to understand. I don't think anyone was trying to be hurtful. They just weren't sure what you were having trouble with.
philsoft

Postby ronfelder » Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:34 am

waynecu1 wrote:Question is there a work around for the Roku3 player and dish Network receiver. I get them both to work but if I want to watch TV2/Bedroom and the Mrs. wants to watch Hulu+ on TV1 where the dish duo 722K receiver is located it cannot be done the TV2 will show picture and the program but you cannot change channels or watch DVR programs . I talk with Roku support several times they stated that Roku must have it own TV setup separate from dish TV setup huh ? And I also walk with dish tech support and they said that the Roku signal is interfering with dish signal and they are sending me antenna extender I do not think it will help but it is worth shot I will let forum know if it does fix it. I know dish is setup for 2 TV using the 722k duo receiver/player but that should not have anything to do with Roku. If I change dish receiver to TV1 single mode I can watch what is on that channel or watch record program but if I want to stop or pause playback I must walk out to living room change sources on TV1 from HDMI port4 to Port1 HDTV/dish network and change to a channel that is a real hassle to do So if someone know a fix for this please let me know thanks

How would the Roku interfere with the 722k when the Roku uses hdmi while tv 2 uses RF? My seutp is Dish reciever in one hdmi input and Roku in another of my AVR. The video by HDMI to HDTV.
ronfelder

Postby ronfelder » Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:36 am

philsoft wrote:
waynecu1 wrote:How do I remove membership in this forum I do not like the negative comments and replies and find it rude and condescending. Let me know ASAP I will not be using it anymore and found it to be not very helpful at all.

The wording of your posts was difficult to understand. I don't think anyone was trying to be hurtful. They just weren't sure what you were having trouble with.

I definitely wasn't trying to be insulting. I just didn't understand post. Sometimes writing out a questin and have someone understand problem is lots harder than someone speaking out problem to you.

I apologize if i offended you or anyone else.
ronfelder

Postby dlester03 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:46 am

ronfelder wrote:
philsoft wrote:

I definitely wasn't trying to be insulting. I just didn't understand post. Sometimes writing out a questin and have someone understand problem is lots harder than someone speaking out problem to you.

I apologize if i offended you or anyone else.

Yes, I was not trying to be offensive either. I actually went and downloaded the pdf and read through it trying to figure out how the thing is hooked up as I didn't understand either. And as far as me not buying one, that's just my opinion. It doesn't mean that it's not sufficient for someone else. I have multiple HD TVs in my house so having to go through that much work to get SD TV on one of them is not worth it for me.

So, if I offended anyone, I'm sorry!
dlester03

Postby socantra » Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:40 pm

These are Roku CUSTOMERS, not employees. They do NOT get paid by Roku, but are providing voluntary help. Your post was very hard to figure out and made little sense. They were not rude and condescending, but went to some trouble to be of help.

Their opinions are their own and were NOT delivered rudely. Sorry they were not of more help to you.

In answer to your original question, I do not know how you remove membership in this forum, as it is not necessary, any more than it was necessary to give your real name when you signed on. If you don't want to be here, you just have to simply, not come back.

I am also a Roku customer and not an employee of Roku, and wish you well in your future endeavors. :)
Please attempt to maintain a thin veneer of civility.
Remember, you are speaking to strangers on the internet,
not your own family at home.
socantra

Postby knuckle » Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:31 pm

If you are still reading this the problem is that you are getting interfearence from the roku -- place a bit of folded heavy duty aluminum foil between the roku and your dish reciever and see if that helps,you might have to move things around a bit.

good luck
ROKU 1 XD J0A113014862
ROKU 2 LT 16A182002191
ROKU 2 LT #2 16A19K025194
ROKU HD 18D2CP067635
all running wireless on a Netgear WNR 1000
knuckle

Postby ronfelder » Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:22 pm

Strange that the Roku would interfer with his dvr. My Roku is sitting on top of my dvr and nothing happens.
ronfelder

Next

Return to Roku Streaming Player General Discussion