Roku & dish Network

Moderators: RokuDouglas, RokuShawnS, RokuRyan, RokuJamesL, RokuKen

Re: Roku & dish Network

Postby waynecu1 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:23 pm

As I figured Roku3 & Dish Network receiver signals were conflicting with each other so dish technician had to move the antenna to bedroom tv2 and with a splitter + some adjustments to the old analog standard definition TV. I am now able to watch my programs in my bedroom and my wife can watch Roku contents in living room. If this will give some help to others facing this same problem and from what I am reading there are others that have this same issue. You will need 2 Holland 2way splitters some coaxial cable with fittings + some time , remove antenna from dish receiver take splitter & 1 piece of coaxial to antenna coaxial port and other to piece of coaxial to TV2 port, Then take antenna and other splitter and do the same for TV2 you may need to adjust antenna i.e. move it around to get the best picture once you have it installed I know my technician had to . Lastly if you do not feel comfortable doing this then by all means call a pro.
waynecu1

Postby ronfelder » Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:38 pm

waynecu1 wrote:As I figured Roku3 & Dish Network receiver signals were conflicting with each other so dish technician had to move the antenna to bedroom tv2 and with a splitter + some adjustments to the old analog standard definition TV. I am now able to watch my programs in my bedroom and my wife can watch Roku contents in living room. If this will give some help to others facing this same problem and from what I am reading there are others that have this same issue. You will need 2 Holland 2way splitters some coaxial cable with fittings + some time , remove antenna from dish receiver take splitter & 1 piece of coaxial to antenna coaxial port and other to piece of coaxial to TV2 port, Then take antenna and other splitter and do the same for TV2 you may need to adjust antenna i.e. move it around to get the best picture once you have it installed I know my technician had to . Lastly if you do not feel comfortable doing this then by all means call a pro.

What antenna are you referring to? The antenna on the back of the 722k used to receive uhf commands from second set?
Roku 2100x, (2) Roku2 3100x , Actiontec M1424-WR Rev I modem/router, Verizon FIOS 25/25, LG HDTV 42LH90, Pioneer VSX-920 Audio/Video Multi Channel Receiver
ronfelder

Postby waynecu1 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:12 am

Correct "What antenna are you referring to? The antenna on the back of the 722k used to receive uhf commands from second set?"
I watch the dish technician do it he removed it from back of 722K and used a splitter and did the same in bedroom TV2 Analog he said do to the distance of my UHF and placement of my Roku was causing interference so by taking the antenna to bedroom TV2 it eliminated the problems it looks a little hacky but it works and that all I wanted. I see many web sites posts describing this same problems not only here but on YouTube and even on dish Network people are complaining. An I predict that it will only be matter of time until this little hockey puck will be enclosed is the next generation of HDTV i.e. Smart TV
waynecu1

Postby dlester03 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:24 am

waynecu1 wrote:Correct "What antenna are you referring to? The antenna on the back of the 722k used to receive uhf commands from second set?"
I watch the dish technician do it he removed it from back of 722K and used a splitter and did the same in bedroom TV2 Analog he said do to the distance of my UHF and placement of my Roku was causing interference so by taking the antenna to bedroom TV2 it eliminated the problems it looks a little hacky but it works and that all I wanted. I see many web sites posts describing this same problems not only here but on YouTube and even on dish Network people are complaining. An I predict that it will only be matter of time until this little hockey puck will be enclosed is the next generation of HDTV i.e. Smart TV

I'm glad you came back and that you got your problem solved. As for Roku being enclosed in a SmarTV. If that's the case, I'd buy a new TV to get the quality that ROKU provides. I have a Samsung SmarTV and the Interface is klunky and slow and does not offer the diversity that ROKU does with channel selection. I originally bought my first ROKU 3 for my Sony LCD TV to get Netflix and Amazon. I was so impressed with the first ROKU 3 I had that I purchased a 2nd to use on my Samsung TV. I have not been into the SmarTV interface on my Samsung since.
dlester03

Postby ronfelder » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:57 am

Strange problem.Ass I said my Roku sits on top of my Hopper and out used too sit on top of my 722k and the never interfered with one another. Plus it's designed and approved by the FCC not to interfere with other devices.
Roku 2100x, (2) Roku2 3100x , Actiontec M1424-WR Rev I modem/router, Verizon FIOS 25/25, LG HDTV 42LH90, Pioneer VSX-920 Audio/Video Multi Channel Receiver
ronfelder

Postby wzwor » Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:14 am

dlester03 wrote:I have a Samsung SmarTV and the Interface is klunky and slow and does not offer the diversity that ROKU does with channel selection.

http://thebeersoncomcast.wordpress.com/
wzwor

Postby waynecu1 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:44 am

dlester03 wrote:
waynecu1 wrote:Correct "What antenna are you referring to? The antenna on the back of the 722k used to receive uhf commands from second set?"

I'm glad you came back and that you got your problem solved. As for Roku being enclosed in a SmarTV. If that's the case, I'd buy a new TV to get the quality that ROKU provides. I have a Samsung SmarTV and the Interface is klunky and slow and does not offer the diversity that ROKU does with channel selection. I originally bought my first ROKU 3 for my Sony LCD TV to get Netflix and Amazon. I was so impressed with the first ROKU 3 I had that I purchased a 2nd to use on my Samsung TV. I have not been into the SmarTV interface on my Samsung since.

Yes I to notice that about Samsung and also Cnet.com was stating the case for Roku to be embedded in Smart TV and also dish, direct, Comcast receivers as well . They big 3 knows this is the way of the future and as more and more people want real value for the there money and that what Roku brings to the table & that is what big 3 lacks is choices If do not want MTV or non English channels why should we pay for it ? I have the America's 250 package and I am paying $78 plus and now that I have my Roku I can get Hulu+ , Vemio Net Flex , Amazon plus few more for about $21 per month
waynecu1

Postby dlester03 » Wed May 01, 2013 5:07 am

wzwor wrote:
dlester03 wrote:I have a Samsung SmarTV and the Interface is klunky and slow and does not offer the diversity that ROKU does with channel selection.

Yup, that's what it looks like. Sometimes when I go into the Smart Hub, the TV just sits there unresponsive for 10 or 12 seconds. It's very annoying.
dlester03

Previous

Return to Roku Streaming Player General Discussion