Facebook/VEVO Account Activation - Roku 3

Moderators: RokuDouglas, RokuShawnS, RokuKen, RokuRyan, RokuJamesL

Facebook/VEVO Account Activation - Roku 3

Postby soundandvision » Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:21 am

I just received my Roku 3. Everything is working great, EXCEPT for two of the main apps I will use - Facebook and VEVO.

With Facebook, I go to http://www.facebook.com/device - and I enter the code as instructed. Once I click "submit" - nothing happens. I have tried many times, with restarts etc. Same result.

With VEVO, I cannot even find WHERE to place the activation code. again, I go to vevo.com/roku and in very big letters it says to "enter activation code now" - but...WHERE? I have scanned the entire page in multiple browsers but i can't find where to enter . I am a computer savvy person, it should be noted. I was told my Roku customer service to "wait 24 hours and try again" - again, same problem. I have restarted both my PC and Roku several times, it just seems there is no gfield to enter the code! very bizarre and I have sent VEVO an email as well.

Anyone else experiencing this or know how to resolve? I want to keep this Roku - but am starting to fear I either have a defective unit or the partners (facebook and vevo) don't have this functioning correctly - but that seems like a longhsot since i could not find any other posts about these problems I am experiencing.

Below is the info requested by admins for problem solving

Critical:
Channel name. - VEVO AND FACEBOOK
Channel version (Home 3x, Up 2x, Left, Right, Left, Right, Left) - WHAT?
What is the issue being reported? - UNABLE TO ENTER ACTIVATION CODES ON THIRD PARTY SITES
What are the steps to reproduce? - INSTALL FACEBOOK/VEVO - SIGN INTO ACCOUNT TO GET ACTIVATION CODE, GO TO SITE AND ENTER CODE AS INSTRUCTED TO ACTIVATE
Is it reproducible (how many times out of 5 does this happen)? - YES. EVERY TIME
What is the serial number of the box? (Found on the bottom of the unit labeled ‘SERIAL NO’ and in Settings -> About, ‘Serial number’.) 1GM350019152
What software version is the box running? (Roku2 = Settings > About ----- Roku1 = Settings >Player Info) - ROKU 3 UPDATED TODAY

Nice to have:
Code for the channel installed. - DON'T HAVE THIS
Is the box connected to the internet via wireless or a wired connection? (Wifi or Ethernet.) - WIRELESS
What signal strength is the box reporting if connected to the internet via Wifi? (Roku2 = Settings > About, labeled "Wireless signal strength" ----- Roku1 = Settings > Network) - STRONG
What type of internet service does the user have? (DSL, Cable, T1, Fiber, Satellite, etc - CABLE
How is the box connected to the TV (HDMI, Composite, Component)? - HDMI
What resolution is being used? - 1080P
If it is a paid channel is the user a subscriber/member, and for how long? - N/A
soundandvision

Re: Facebook/VEVO Account Activation - Roku 3

Postby TheEndless » Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:32 am

It sounds to me like the issue is on your end, either with Facebook (since both channels you're trying to link use Facebook for login) or with your browsers. The fact that the issue is occurring on the website(s) is a pretty good indication that it's not something specific to your Roku. Do you have any ad blockers installed? If so, try disabling them for the activation, in case they're blocking some critical javascript in the sign in process. Also, have you tried logging out of your Facebook account, and trying again?
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), MainSqueeze (MAINSQUEEZE), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), Twitch.tv (TWITCHTV), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
TheEndless
** Valued Community Member **

Postby soundandvision » Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:01 pm

Thanks for the response.

I disabled anything I had running on Chrome and had fresh installations of Firefox and IE that were also tried. I also tried my office laptop. Same results.

Yes, logged out of Facebook - same result.

Not a bad point about Facebook account as the access to login, however, Spotify is working just fine.

Scratching my head and looking for any other thoughts. Thanks again!
soundandvision

Postby soundandvision » Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:12 pm

Hmmm..For some reason when I go to vevo's site (from a computer) to login to my account, it just spins when I select "Connect with facebook". it never logs in. but when I use my user/pass, it logs me in fine.

related? What could be causing this?
soundandvision

Postby kc8pql » Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:16 pm

This may or may not have anything to do with your problem, but I found this on Vevo's website: https://m.vevo.com/roku
They seem to be having some sort of trouble anyway.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
No, I don't work for Roku.
OTA Antenna, "Netflix Player" N1000X, XDS 2100X (premature death by lightning)
Roku2 XD 3050X, Roku2 XS 3100R
kc8pql

Postby soundandvision » Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:25 pm

kc8pql wrote:This may or may not have anything to do with your problem, but I found this on Vevo's website: https://m.vevo.com/roku
They seem to be having some sort of trouble anyway.

I think that's just a message about not being able to activate via mobile.

I'd also feel a bit more sane if someone can actually go to vevo.com/roku (from a computer) and identify where the code is to be entered. screenshot would be amazing.
soundandvision

Postby kc8pql » Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:39 pm

I did that first and get a page that directs me to log in to Vevo or Facebook, neither on which I use.
Maybe someone else who does can give it a try.

Last edited by kc8pql on Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
No, I don't work for Roku.
OTA Antenna, "Netflix Player" N1000X, XDS 2100X (premature death by lightning)
Roku2 XD 3050X, Roku2 XS 3100R
kc8pql

Postby soundandvision » Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:42 pm

kc8pql wrote:I did that first and get a page that directs me to log in to Vevo or Facebook, neither on which I use.
Maybe someone else who does can give it a try.

ah, right. thanks for trying!
soundandvision

Postby knuckle » Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:41 pm

same here,must be trouble on their end
ROKU 1 XD J0A113014862
ROKU 2 LT 16A182002191
ROKU 2 LT #2 16A19K025194
ROKU HD 18D2CP067635
Roku TV
all running wireless on a actiontec C2000A
knuckle

Postby soundandvision » Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:51 pm

knuckle wrote:same here,must be trouble on their end

you too? Thanks for chiming in. vevo, facebook - or both?
soundandvision

Postby knuckle » Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:15 pm

vevo,tried with e mail and facebook link just spins and spins I had signed into my FB account first (thought it might help) but no joy

SOOO... I did the forgot password thingy,entered a new one got into my account and went to activate device and like you I can not find where to enter the code -- emailed them will see if they answer

in the mean time I just skipped the sign in and watch
ROKU 1 XD J0A113014862
ROKU 2 LT 16A182002191
ROKU 2 LT #2 16A19K025194
ROKU HD 18D2CP067635
Roku TV
all running wireless on a actiontec C2000A
knuckle

Postby RickRansom » Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:32 pm

For the Facebook side of this thread.

Found this on Roku's Facebook page. Check the comments starting June 3.

Someone by the name of "Nadine Meyer" said that she contacted support and.. "They [Roku] are aware of the issue and in discussions with Facebook about it."

Weird. Someone else with an LG TV with a Facebook app is reporting the same issue.
Retired
RickRansom

Postby soundandvision » Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:40 pm

Hoping SOMEONE can tell me they have successfully activated a vevo account on a Roku 3.
soundandvision

Postby lasher1225 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:00 pm

Same problem with Vevo. It has to be something on Vevo's end as it is their website. I have had no problem activating other things with my Rokus (I have an LT and a Roku 2).

I had this problem since the 4th of July when I signed up for Vevo. I can watch on my computer no problem, but that "www.vevo.com/roku" page has no place to put your activation code. I emailed Vevo last week and have yet to hear a reply. I'm sure they won't reply, but am hoping it gets fixed someday.
lasher1225

Postby lasher1225 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:06 pm

This is the page I'm getting too.

lasher1225

Next

Return to Roku Streaming Player General Discussion