8ctave Channel

Moderators: RokuShawnS, RokuDouglas, RokuKen, RokuRyan, RokuJamesL

8ctave Channel

Postby EquinoxSS » Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:33 am

I am new to Roku and while I was searching for new channels I found 8ctave / 8octave channel. Great HD quality pictures, and when I see Nat Geo & Smithsonian, I was really happy. So I spent many hours on both the channels, and it looks like every time I switch to these channels, streaming starts from where I left .. great!!

Next day when I went to Nat geo, I found that stream again starts from beginning. So basically I need to "fast forward" all the programs that I watched yesterday to see new contents .. that’s frustrating. And more I go deep into the playlist, the problem will be worse, as I need to fast forward many days content before I reach to new content. And with so many small clips, it’s almost an impossible task.
Is there any way I can browse thru the contents easily & quickly, and start watching from where I left previous day.

Thanks for your guidance.
EquinoxSS

Re: 8ctave Channel

Postby kc8pql » Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:39 am

The resume feature is implemented by the individual channel owner/developer.
If it's not available in a channel there's nothing you can do, other than maybe contact the channel owner and ask for resume to be added.
OTA Antenna
"Netflix Player" N1000X
XDS 2100X (premature death by lightning)
Roku2 XD 3050X
Roku2 XS 3100R
kc8pql
** Valued Community Member **

Re: 8ctave Channel

Postby EquinoxSS » Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:26 am

Thanks kc8pql.

Is there any other alternative? NATGeo sub-channel of 8ctave channel is having great contents. But "ease of use" (or lack of it) is what is stopping me to view those. Anything else I can do on my own (rather than contacting channel owner to fix) to access the playlist easily.

Thanks.
EquinoxSS

Return to Roku Streaming Player General Discussion