8ctave Channel

Moderators: RokuDouglas, RokuShawnS, RokuKen, RokuRyan, RokuJamesL

8ctave Channel

Postby EquinoxSS » Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:33 am

I am new to Roku and while I was searching for new channels I found 8ctave / 8octave channel. Great HD quality pictures, and when I see Nat Geo & Smithsonian, I was really happy. So I spent many hours on both the channels, and it looks like every time I switch to these channels, streaming starts from where I left .. great!!

Next day when I went to Nat geo, I found that stream again starts from beginning. So basically I need to "fast forward" all the programs that I watched yesterday to see new contents .. that’s frustrating. And more I go deep into the playlist, the problem will be worse, as I need to fast forward many days content before I reach to new content. And with so many small clips, it’s almost an impossible task.
Is there any way I can browse thru the contents easily & quickly, and start watching from where I left previous day.

Thanks for your guidance.
EquinoxSS

Re: 8ctave Channel

Postby kc8pql » Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:39 am

The resume feature is implemented by the individual channel owner/developer.
If it's not available in a channel there's nothing you can do, other than maybe contact the channel owner and ask for resume to be added.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________
No, I don't work for Roku.
OTA Antenna, "Netflix Player" N1000X, XDS 2100X (premature death by lightning)
Roku2 XD 3050X, Roku2 XS 3100R
kc8pql
** Valued Community Member **

Re: 8ctave Channel

Postby EquinoxSS » Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:26 am

Thanks kc8pql.

Is there any other alternative? NATGeo sub-channel of 8ctave channel is having great contents. But "ease of use" (or lack of it) is what is stopping me to view those. Anything else I can do on my own (rather than contacting channel owner to fix) to access the playlist easily.

Thanks.
EquinoxSS

Return to Roku Streaming Player General Discussion