M-Go Channel Code - Need Help

Moderators: RokuShawnS, RokuDouglas, RokuKen, RokuRyan, RokuJamesL

Re: M-Go Channel Code - Need Help

Postby johninFL » Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:24 pm

DerekHelps wrote:
johninFL wrote:
DerekHelps wrote:Probably staged rollout, Gil was probably lucky and got on the early wave.

Yea Gil already talked about the roll-out but Shawn came along and said a newer (5.2)software is needed.I don't have that.

Right, the 5.2 software is what is likely being rolled out in stages.

OK....that makes sense.I'll keep my fingers crossed that my unit is getting all the correct updates. :roll:
Thank you.
johninFL

Postby DerekHelps » Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:28 pm

johninFL wrote:
OK....that makes sense.I'll keep my fingers crossed that my unit is getting all the correct updates. :roll:
Thank you.

Can always try to get lucky with a manual:
Settings -> System update
Netgear WNR2000v2
Linksys WRT54G with DD-WRT Firmware acting as Client Bridge
Soundbridge M2000/M500/R1000
Roku 2 XS 3100
-------------------------------------------------
It's all in the <sup>details</sup>
DerekHelps

Postby johninFL » Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:30 pm

DerekHelps wrote:
johninFL wrote:
Thank you.

Can always try to get lucky with a manual:
Settings -> System update

I've already used it twice today.I normally check every morning,but after reading Gil's post i immediately checked again. :wink:
johninFL

Postby jeffrok » Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:31 pm

M-Go is part of the Roku software, not a channel.. You're not the only one who doesn't have M-Go on your R3; I'm in the same boat, and I'm sure 100000 other R3 users are as well. Sending out updates in waves is normal, so as to not overwhelm Roku's severs, and also to stop an update from going out, if a bug is found along the way.
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koy2eg1ioZ8&list=HL1380998604&feature=mh_lolz
jeffrok
** Valued Community Member **

Postby johninFL » Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:37 pm

jeffrok wrote:M-Go is part of the Roku software, not a channel.. You're not the only one who doesn't have M-Go on your R3; I'm in the same boat, and I'm sure 100000 other R3 users are as well. Sending out updates in waves is normal, so as to not overwhelm Roku's severs, and also to stop an update from going out, if a bug is found along the way.

What you're saying makes sense too..I don't mind waiting patiently for the new roll-out-i just don't want to find out after the fact,at some late date,that my unit isn't getting the updates it's supposed to.That's all. BTW i own a R2-XS.I hope i get the update!
johninFL

Postby johninFL » Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:42 pm

One more thing.When i created my account at m-go's website yesterday,i clicked on the "Register Device"tab and it said m-go is available on the "new"Roku 1's,2's and the R-3,but it didn't mention availability for older R2's which led me to believe that my R2-XS wouldn't be updated or supported.

This statement has only added to my confusion. :? :roll:
johninFL

Postby RickRansom » Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:53 pm

Well, the blog did say it'll be out by October:
The movie and TV show shortcuts powered by M-GO will be available in the U.S. on the new Roku LT, Roku 1 and Roku 2 players, and will automatically roll out as a free software update beginning in October to all current-generation Roku devices – the Roku LT (models 2400 and 2450), Roku HD (model 2500), Roku 2 HD, Roku 2 XD, Roku 2 XS and Roku 3 players as well as the Roku Streaming Stick.
Still got two weeks. :wink:
Everyone is a genius.
But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree,
it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.

-A Einstein
RickRansom

Postby scottypie1234 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:00 pm

johninFL wrote:One more thing.When i created my account at m-go's website yesterday,i clicked on the "Register Device"tab and it said m-go is available on the "new"Roku 1's,2's and the R-3,but it didn't mention availability for older R2's which led me to believe that my R2-XS wouldn't be updated or supported.

This statement has only added to my confusion. :? :roll:

I have an older R2, and I got the M-Go interface yesterday.
scottypie1234

M-Go Customer Svc?

Postby ZeekZ » Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:00 am

I have been calling them for hours and keep getting a recording that no one is there to help. I have a Smart TV and have several questions. It clearly states that they have 24/7 support available. Just curious. Then I emailed them and they said it would be 24 hours before they could get back to me. What if I have a question about erroneous charges, etc.? Is it always like that with MGo? I mean I would love to sign up but if I can't get in touch with them on the phone, why should I?
ZeekZ

Postby RickRansom » Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:00 pm

ZeekZ wrote:It clearly states that they have 24/7 support available.

Yup. The toll-free number should be (855)-646-2580. Is that the number you dialed? Have you tried chatting with them from their website? This link should do the trick: https://www.mgo.com/form/contact-support
Everyone is a genius.
But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree,
it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.

-A Einstein
RickRansom

Previous

Return to Roku Streaming Player General Discussion