Roku 3 and digital to analog set top box

Moderators: RokuDouglas, RokuShawnS, RokuRyan, RokuJamesL, RokuKen

Roku 3 and digital to analog set top box

Postby tashakitty » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:46 pm

I would like to find out if I can hook up the ROKU3 to a digital to analog set top box.
I am thinking of purchasing either the iview 3500STB DTV Converter Box with one HDMI output or,
this: HomeWorx HW-150PVR ATSC Digital TV Converter Box w/ Media Player & Recording PVR Function / HDMI Out

There is only one HDMI output on each digital set top box
I would like the ability to watch live tv, not just record shows, ergo the digital set top box is necessary as roku does not have live tv, only streaming. i want the ability to leave a channel on and have it go endlessly from one show to the next - which ROKU cannot do yet.
My analog television only has rca input jacks and cable hook ups
plus I need to use an antenna for reception for live television - so I will need room for that on the back of the digital set top box.
I have a wireless router set up in my apartment with broadband 15/5 bps internet speed so I am not concerned about wireless signals.

Please let me know if I can accomplish this with the roku 3 and a digital set top box and what other cables I need to buy - complete with male/female connection info for HDMI and RCA jacks.

Thank you so much for your help. DVR is unnecessary feature on homeworks with Roku and Aereo.
tashakitty

Re: Roku 3 and digital to analog set top box

Postby trekkeriii » Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:49 am

Roku 3 does not have RCA outputs and the Digital Converter box will not help with your situation (actually totally ignore it when it comes to Roku, neither have anything to do with on another), as you mentioned it has one HDMI "OUT", you would need an HDMI "IN". Recommend a Roku 1 or 2 instead for your situation.
Roku2 XS, 42" LCD, Ethernet (5.5 b320)
Roku Stick HDMI, 32" LCD, WiFi (5.5 b2027)
Roku N1000, 25" CRT, Ethernet (3.1)
Router - Linksys WRT54G2
ISP - TWC - 50 Mbps/5 Mbps
Net+ Cert
trekkeriii
** Valued Community Member **

Return to Roku Streaming Player General Discussion