WWE Network problems

Moderators: RokuDouglas, RokuShawnS, RokuKen, RokuRyan, RokuJamesL

Re: WWE Network problems

Postby knuckle » Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:39 pm

might try going to your wwe.com account and turning parental controls on then back off --- it helped when ecw ppvs were blocked from the content list
ROKU 1 XD J0A113014862
ROKU 2 LT 16A182002191
ROKU 2 LT #2 16A19K025194
ROKU HD 18D2CP067635
Roku TV
all running wireless on a actiontec C2000A
knuckle
** Valued Community Member **

Postby sg232 » Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:17 pm

knuckle wrote:might try going to your wwe.com account and turning parental controls on then back off --- it helped when ecw ppvs were blocked from the content list

I tried that and it didn't work. TV-MA content work fine on my laptop and other devices - i tried on the PS3 and no issues.

Must be some bugs to work out with Roku.
sg232

Postby AOTF » Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:50 pm

I tried that, too, and it didn't fix the problem.
AOTF

Postby Crimson62681 » Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:29 pm

Glad to see Im not the only one having issues with the WWE network on my Roku 3... Anything I try to bring up from the past plays for MAYBE five minutes then I get a "general socket error" what ever that means. any ideas?
Crimson62681

Postby Ganbaron » Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:22 pm

Crimson62681 wrote:Glad to see Im not the only one having issues with the WWE network on my Roku 3... Anything I try to bring up from the past plays for MAYBE five minutes then I get a "general socket error" what ever that means. any ideas?

That was supposedly fixed in the update Friday. Make sure you have the latest version of the app.
Ganbaron

Postby CommanderVanhorn » Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:08 pm

Keeps dropping out and buffering on my Roku 3 with VOD. I have checked for updates in the system update. No updates found. Logged out of channel, uninstalled channel, added random channels trying to force an update, reinstalled WWE Network channel, and logged back in. Watched Wrestlemania 1 earlier today with only one drop out. I've been trying to watch Wrestlemania 2 for the last couple hours and every couple minutes or so it keeps giving me problems. After uninstalling, unplugging my Roku 3 for about a minute, plugging it back in, re-installing the channel i was able to get about 15 minutes of on demand play without interruption. Now it keeps buffering again every few minutes. I am averaging 15-17 mbps download speed on a Uverse router. I am able to watch hours of Netflix without problems, so I know my Roku is operational. I'm stumped. Am I missing something, or is anybody else still have problems after all of that troubleshooting? Thanks.
CommanderVanhorn

Postby tommc » Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:25 am

I have a Roku 2 and also still having issues with the on demand content. I wonder if the router is the problem because I have Uverse as well, and saw another topic on this board that made it sound like you have to jump through a lot of hoops in order to get it working properly. Although if you say you watch Netflix without issue, maybe that's not the problem. I only bought the Roku recently for the purpose of watching the wwe network, so I don't really have any previous experience watching other channels that I can compare it to.

viewtopic.php?t=62929&f=28
tommc

Postby bvd1022 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:28 am

sg232 wrote:
AOTF wrote:Anybody else having trouble playing TV-MA shows on their Roku? For example, ECW Hardcore Heaven 2000 won't play on my Roku, but plays fine on my computer (so it's not a parental setting problem). I tried turning the block on and off. No luck.

I'm also wondering when the search function will get fixed on the Roku. You can only search for moves or wrestlers. YOu can't search for show names, like the new "Backstage Pass."

Yeah, i'm having the same issue. Was trying to watch Starrcade 1999 which is TV-MA and it says "retrieving" then crashes and goes back to my channel menu. Been happening since last night. I checked again today and same issue.

I haven't noticed that problem with mine, but I have a Roku 3. I'd imagine some of the other models might be having more issues, but as far as my experience I haven't noticed anything. I fell asleep last night watching the live channel and woke up this morning and the channel was still running flawlessly. I also haven't had any issue with on demand content since the update last week. This is an encouraging sign leading up to Wrestlemania next month. It shows that both WWE and MLBAM took the glitch very seriously and are doing everything in their power to get it resolved across all platforms.

I can't use my PS3 right now so I do not know what the experience is like on other platforms, but I will say in WWE's defense that they have been very proactive in sending out e-mails saying that they are working on issues for respective platforms. They deserve credit for that. I believe the issue they are trying to resolve after fixing the issue with Roku was with Xbox 360. As I have been saying all week, they are gradually making progress and it will take time to sort everything out, but once everything is running the way it should it will be great for WWE.

As for me, I am still unsure whether or not I am going to order Wrestlemania via satellite this year as a backup, just in case there are any problems with the network. I guess it will depend on whether or not the cable and satellite providers will reduce the price. I assume that they will have to because if memory serves me, there is a rule regarding charging two vastly different prices for the same content via pay-per-view if the content is available in the same area on a different platform for a considerably cheaper subscription price.

I am not certain about that, but I do remember DirecTV stating something similar to what I have said as their reasoning for their "Reevaluating" their relationship with WWE. It will be interesting to see how this plays out. Personally, with several Boxing pay-per-view events scheduled in the next couple of months, I am very much looking forward to saving money with this network, as I will also save money with UFC Fight Pass.

As a Boxing writer, I am used to calculating dues of what it will cost me to cover pay-per-view cards. The next couple of months alone total close to $500 with tax included. It’s just another example of why I have said for the last several years that the traditional model of cable and satellite television, specifically the model of pay-per-view television is and has been out of control for a long time. It really is a broken model.

This is why if WWE is successful, which I believe they will be, it will force cable and satellite providers to change and adapt with the times because if one content provider succeeds there will be nothing to stop other content providers from implementing a similar strategy. The one thing people will say against it will obviously be the problems WWE had out of the gate with the glitch during the week of launch of their network. I will remind everyone again when I say that technological glitches will happen no matter how well-prepared a company might be. Even with advances in technology, cable and satellite providers still deal with glitches, outages, and other issues from time to time. It’s really unavoidable.
bvd1022

Postby overtimeman » Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:11 am

I finally got to watch a VOD all the way through so the WWE is working on the problem.Like you said I too have received two e mails saying they are aware and doing everything they can to get it fixed.I had to watch the <The entropy of a perfect crystal, at absolute zero kelvin, is exactly equal to zero. - Third Law of Thermodynamics> In a Cell match from 1998 with the Undertaker and Mick Foley.Give them time and we'll all be happy campers with the WWE app! :lol:
I used to have a life before Roku!
overtimeman

Postby Festerfats » Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:40 am

How do you updats the app? To fix the general socket error I'm getting?
Festerfats

Postby whymann » Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:47 am

All updates that they send out to fix the WWE app on Roku seem to go through when you log off and back on the WWE App. I've noticed some ppv's still give an error while others play through without a hitch. The live programming as most say works flawlessly so the live ppv's should go pretty good if they can handle that many people watching. Let's hope everything gets worked out.
whymann

Postby Jcmwee » Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:59 am

Hi i was wondering if anyone is still experiencing some lag on there roku. It is not all the time just here and there. It seems to be when they r wrestling and the newer hd content. It can do it on either lice or vod. Please let me know. Thanks.
Jcmwee

Postby overtimeman » Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:15 am

I just went on the app about 5PM yesterday to see if I could watch anything and LO and Behold I finally watch a three hour PPV without incident.Just keep checking or you might try doing a reboot on the Roku.
I used to have a life before Roku!
overtimeman

Postby bvd1022 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:46 am

overtimeman wrote:I finally got to watch a VOD all the way through so the WWE is working on the problem.Like you said I too have received two e mails saying they are aware and doing everything they can to get it fixed.I had to watch the <The entropy of a perfect crystal, at absolute zero kelvin, is exactly equal to zero. - Third Law of Thermodynamics> In a Cell match from 1998 with the Undertaker and Mick Foley.Give them time and we'll all be happy campers with the WWE app! :lol:

I’m still not having any problems with the WWE Network channel. I watched the buried alive event earlier this morning with no problem and am currently watching Wrestlemania 24 with no problem. For those who may be wondering all pay-per-views pre-2008 were not upconverted to HD for the moment so if your television allows it switch your picture to stretch mode for the full screen picture. I apologize for not mentioning that before.

I think they might upconvert all that footage in time, but it’s good that all of the footage from the three promotions look good digitally. I actually made a comment to a friend of mine who is also a network subscriber that the picture and sound of pay-per-view events as well as the live channel seem sharper than cable and satellite to me. I might be wrong, but I remember when cable was transmitted on analog boxes in the 80’s. Sometimes the sound would be good, but the picture including some pay-per-view events would be static filled. Good to see that the benefit of OTT is being seen here. Both picture and sound seem perfect.

By the way that <The entropy of a perfect crystal, at absolute zero kelvin, is exactly equal to zero. - Third Law of Thermodynamics> in the Cell match was one of the most brutal matches I have ever seen in the states. Some of the Japanese promotions go even more extreme than that match was. Kind of makes me feel glad that at least now with the wellness policy in place that they’re at least looking out for the wrestlers and making sure things don’t go too far anymore. It’s a miracle that Mick Foley can still walk as far as I’m concerned.
bvd1022

Postby xphen0m » Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:35 pm

I bought the Roku 2 this past Friday to use Netflix, Vudu and most of all the WWE Network without having to keep paying for Xbox Live Gold. Through the first couple of hours of usage on the VOD content, everything played fine. Then later on in the night, it kept stopping and buffering every couple of minutes. This continued throughout yesterday until late at night. It seemed to get better then as I was able to make it even longer without buffering. Then today it's gone back to every couple of minutes and it takes a LOOOOOOOOONG time to load each buffer.

This is quite disheartening.
xphen0m

PreviousNext

Return to Roku Streaming Player General Discussion