Nokia 770 Controller for SoundBridge

Trying to control your SoundBridge with UPnP or the Roku Control Protocol? Want to write custom text to the screen with 'sketch'? This is the place to discuss it.

Moderators: RokuDouglas, RokuKen, RokuRyan, RokuJamesL

Nokia 770 Controller for SoundBridge

Postby frethop » Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:12 am

The Nokia 770 is a handheld "Internet Tablet" -- a non-phone device that includes Bluetooth and Wi-Fi. See http://www.nokia.com/770 for details.

Recently, Nokia released a "Media Streamer" for the 770. It's an application that will stream available music from UPnP servers to the device for listening. The cool part it that the application will also control UPnP devices -- including the SoundBridge. It only works with nominal control functions -- only UPnP available functions, not the cool RCP-related functions -- but it's cool to have a handheld controller for the SoundBridge.

I have included a screenshot after the sig.

-F
frethop

Postby RokuMike » Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:58 am

Neato!
RokuMike

Postby bobinchicago » Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:02 pm

Thanks for the word. I've long used the 770 to control the SB via the Web interface, but this looks like a nice step beyond that.
bobinchicago

Postby drew » Fri Dec 15, 2006 6:33 pm

frethop,

I recently picked up the Nokia 770 at discount at compusa with the intent of using it to control the Soundbridge. With Nokia's Media Streamer installed on the 770, I can select Soundbridge but no other controls are available.

I'm still trying to find Media Streamer documentation and its usage - with not much luck.

Could you provide some basic setup and usage examples of this configuration?

Thanks
drew

Postby aniruddha23 » Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:52 am

I would love it if you can provide some basic installation steps for it.

Thanks for the help.
aniruddha23

Postby MP3 Mike » Sat Aug 25, 2007 9:38 pm

I got MediaStreamer installed on my Nokia 770, and it can see my Windows server, and can play the music on the 770 itself, but when I tell MediaStreamer to control my Soundbridge Radio, everytime I try to play something it says "invalid media" and "unable to play".

This would be very cool if I could get it to work.

Has anybody gotten it to work with current (3.0.44) Roku firmware?
MP3 Mike

Return to SoundBridge Control and Integration