Sleep Timer & Alarm.

For feature requests specific to the Radio Roku web site.

Moderators: RokuDouglas, RokuKen, RokuRyan, RokuJamesL

Sleep Timer & Alarm.

Postby m0aur » Sun Sep 30, 2007 1:45 am

Hi,
I Have Just Purchased A Soundbridge Home Music & I Love It. The Whole Roku System Is Much Better Than The Reciva Radios I Have.
I Only Have One Wish For My Roku radio, And That Is An Alarm Function & Sleep Timer, Or Maybe That Is Two :P
Are These Functions Likely To Be Implemented On The Roku System.
Thanks Alan UK.
m0aur

Re: Sleep Timer & Alarm.

Postby Burkhardi » Sun Sep 30, 2007 6:36 am

m0aur wrote:Hi,
I Have Just Purchased A Soundbridge Home Music & I Love It. The Whole Roku System Is Much Better Than The Reciva Radios I Have.
I Only Have One Wish For My Roku radio, And That Is An Alarm Function & Sleep Timer, Or Maybe That Is Two :P
Thanks Alan UK.

Hi Alan and welcome to the forums!
Do you want this feature via RadioRoku (the forum your in), your Soundbridge Home Music or Soundbridge Radio? If its a R1000 Soundbridge Radio, it can do it already. If it's a M-series (ie M1000), then there are work arounds that you can search for. If its the Home Music player, I don't know enough about it, but the M-series work around may work.
Regards, Matt
Roku3 and Roku HD1000 [Rev B] on a Samsung HLP5674W DLP in the living room; a Roku2 and two Roku XS and a few SoundBridges.Win7; Kubuntu and XP via RT-N66U, E2000 and a switch or two. I own stock in Roku, it's just all in the form of hardware.Viva la Roku
Burkhardi

Postby S80_UK » Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:09 am

Hello Alan,

Good to see you here as well.

The SoundBridge firmware does include alarm functionality although it is really only intended to be used on the R1000 radio product. However, it is also accessible on the M1000, M1001 and M2000 products using the appropriate remote control codes - see this thread on a Java remote control app which has been modified to do this (around the fourth page of posts I think).

http://forums.rokulabs.com/viewtopic.php?t=10006

The issue is that you have the Home Music (a.k.a. M400) and this has a small text display. That application I mentioned works by being able to read back the display to your PC and I don't think it will work with the Home Music product as-is. There may be other remote control applications here that will help you, but you will need to to a bit of searching.

Of course, the best thing would be if Roku could find a way to make this functionality more accessible in the M-series products.

Good luck,

Les.
Roku M1000, M1001, M2000, R1000, Roberts WM-201, Stream 83i
S80_UK

Re: Sleep Timer & Alarm.

Postby m0aur » Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:15 am

Burkhardi wrote:
m0aur wrote:Hi,
Thanks Alan UK.

Hi Alan and welcome to the forums!
Do you want this feature via RadioRoku (the forum your in), your Soundbridge Home Music or Soundbridge Radio? If its a R1000 Soundbridge Radio, it can do it already. If it's a M-series (ie M1000), then there are work arounds that you can search for. If its the Home Music player, I don't know enough about it, but the M-series work around may work.
Regards, Matt

Hi Matt,
I Have The Soundbridge Home Music & Roku Radio Snooper Lists It As A M400. I Am Not Too Worried Where I Set It From. I Have Updated To The Latest V3 Software & Just Wondered If It Might Come About In Later Releases.
Regards Alan.
m0aur

Postby m0aur » Mon Oct 01, 2007 6:16 am

S80_UK wrote:Hello Alan,

Good to see you here as well.

The SoundBridge firmware does include alarm functionality although it is really only intended to be used on the R1000 radio product. However, it is also accessible on the M1000, M1001 and M2000 products using the appropriate remote control codes - see this thread on a Java remote control app which has been modified to do this (around the fourth page of posts I think).

http://forums.rokulabs.com/viewtopic.php?t=10006

The issue is that you have the Home Music (a.k.a. M400) and this has a small text display. That application I mentioned works by being able to read back the display to your PC and I don't think it will work with the Home Music product as-is. There may be other remote control applications here that will help you, but you will need to to a bit of searching.

Of course, the best thing would be if Roku could find a way to make this functionality more accessible in the M-series products.

Good luck,

Les.

Hi Les,
I Found A Rather Crafty way Of Gettin A ROKU Sleep Timer. I Have Put The Soundbridge Home Music In The Lounge & Hooked It Up To The Stereo System. I Have 3 LOGIK's & One INTEMPO GX-01 Which Are As You Know All RECIVA Radios, But Do Not Match The Roku For Performance. As The Intempo Was Under 16 Days Old, I Took It Back To Argos For A Refund, And have Now Ordered The Latest Roku Soundbridge ( The Larger One With Sleep Timers & Alarm), Along With Another Set Of Logitech X-140 Speakers To Whack It Into! :oops:
3 X LOGIK IR100...Soundbridge...Soundbridge Home Music.
m0aur

Postby S80_UK » Mon Oct 01, 2007 2:55 pm

Sneaky! :)
Roku M1000, M1001, M2000, R1000, Roberts WM-201, Stream 83i
S80_UK

Postby rajt » Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:07 am

Hi

I have both a M1001 (non-HR) and a R1000. I would like to have the 'sleep' function accessible from the remote on my R1000 as I dont want to get up each time!

Can this be used with the standard remote to give me access to the sleep function on the R1000?

Thanks
rajt

Return to RadioRoku.com Feature Requests