How to change language to Traditional Chinese in Web page ?

Questions and answers about getting your SoundBridge up and running.

Moderators: TheEndless, RokuDouglas, RokuRyan, RokuJamesL, RokuKen

How to change language to Traditional Chinese in Web page ?

Postby theta » Thu Dec 21, 2006 5:59 pm

I go to Roku M1001 web config page, I want to change the language to Traditional Chinese, I can see config file has Tradtional Chinese, but from language drop menu, it has only English, German..., no Tradtional Chinese, how to config and show it in the drop menu?

Thanks.
theta

Postby theta » Wed Dec 27, 2006 6:17 am

Does anybody know how to change it to Traditional Chinese?

Thank you.
theta

Postby RokuMike » Wed Dec 27, 2006 12:42 pm

The M1001 does not support Traditional Chinese display. The display does not have sufficient resolution to display the characters. The SoundBridge Radio supports Traditional Chinese, and there's an Asian model available from Pinnacle that supports it as well.
RokuMike

Postby theta » Wed Dec 27, 2006 6:43 pm

Hello:

It can display Traditional Chinese in my all Radio stations, no issue, but I saw it already translated all English phrases into Traditional Chinese in Language Resource File (see below "How to Localize the SoundBridge instrution" which provided by Roku)

" Page 3 of 7, In the Configuration page, there is a Language section, and there is a link that says "View Current Language Resource File". You can either click this link and then save the page,or right-click (control-click on the Mac) the link to save the link to a file.

Later, after you have edited the file, you will come back to the Configuration web pageand use the "Browse" button to select your edited file, then click Update to load the file to
the SoundBridge. "

Based on above intruction, you can see Traditional Chinese translated by Roku in the file, but cannot see it from drop menu in the web config page.
so I expect it can show Tradtional Chinese character in the Roku M1001 web pages and Roku M1001 player.

Hope above info is sufficient.

Thanks.
theta

Postby RokuMike » Wed Dec 27, 2006 11:30 pm

Hi Theta.

Our user interface requires that the font be small enough to be able to display two lines of text (for example, for dialog boxes and so forth). On the M1001 display, which is 16 pixels tall, we could not find a Chinese font that was acceptably legible at a size that permitted two lines.

So, although you can set the M1001 to display the song titles "full-height", and you will indeed see Chinese characters that are in song metadata and so on, the actual menus and interface will not allow you to switch to Chinese, because we can't draw the two lines we need.

The translation file contains Chinese because it is shared with other models like the Radio that do support full Chinese UI.
RokuMike

Return to SoundBridge Set-Up