Won't turn on

Questions and answers about getting your PhotoBridge HD1000 and Gallery Collection up and running.

Moderators: TheEndless, RokuDouglas, RokuRyan, RokuJamesL, RokuKen

Won't turn on

Postby jsimondsmalamud » Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:46 pm

I plugged my Roku into my TV via S-Video, but all that happens is that the busy light turns on. No video signal or anything. I got it as a gift, slightlkly used, but I tried the factory reset and nothing seemed to happen.

Any ideas?
jsimondsmalamud

oh...

Postby jsimondsmalamud » Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:47 pm

I forgot to mention, its the Roku Photobridge HD.
jsimondsmalamud

Re: oh...

Postby Burkhardi » Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:45 pm

jsimondsmalamud wrote:I forgot to mention, its the Roku Photobridge HD.

When you did a reset to factory, was the front LED (power light) flashing?
If so, was it on-off, or flash, flash flash and a pause (repeat).
Either your in the wrong mode, or the unit has a voltage issue.

Do you have a TV that can take composite video?

Regards, Matt

BTW, welcome to the Roku forums! 8)
Roku3 and Roku HD1000 [Rev B] on a Samsung HLP5674W DLP in the living room; a Roku2 and two Roku XS and a few SoundBridges.Win7; Kubuntu and XP via RT-N66U, E2000 and a switch or two. I own stock in Roku, it's just all in the form of hardware.Viva la Roku
Burkhardi

Postby jsimondsmalamud » Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:49 pm

no blinking. Just a flat busy light. The set does take componnent, do you think S Video is the problem?
jsimondsmalamud

Postby Burkhardi » Wed Nov 07, 2007 3:53 am

jsimondsmalamud wrote:no blinking. Just a flat busy light. The set does take componnent, do you think S Video is the problem?

No, I think its a power/voltage issue I think. Does the busy light ever go off or blink?
Sorry to keep asking, but its important. The front power light (green in color, right next to the power button) is not on, right? The onlyl thing you see is a solid busy light?
You can try component, incase the unit is in some different mode, but since you have no power light and and the busy light stays on, but I think it's broken.

Do you have a volt meter? If so, are you up for some internal troubleshooting? If so, let me know and I can walk you though opening it up and probing some test points that will tell us a lot.

This post may help you too.
http://forums.rokulabs.com/viewtopic.ph ... &start=273
Regards, Matt
Roku3 and Roku HD1000 [Rev B] on a Samsung HLP5674W DLP in the living room; a Roku2 and two Roku XS and a few SoundBridges.Win7; Kubuntu and XP via RT-N66U, E2000 and a switch or two. I own stock in Roku, it's just all in the form of hardware.Viva la Roku
Burkhardi

Return to PhotoBridge Set-Up