Shipping Status

Moderators: RokuDouglas, RokuShawnS, RokuRyan, RokuJamesL, RokuKen

Shipping Status

Postby RokuTim » Thu May 22, 2008 1:49 pm

It's been a fantastic couple of days for us here at Roku. The Netflix Player by Roku has proven to be a tremendously popular product -- so much so that we're getting behind in fulfilling orders.

Right now we're looking at about 10 days from order placement to shipping. We have plenty of product on the way, but they're on the proverbial "slow boat from China". A boat arrives every week, so sit tight and we'll get them too you as quickly as possible.

Thanks for your support!
RokuTim

Postby orbitalcomp » Thu May 22, 2008 2:36 pm

I'm getting jealous reading all of these posts of people receiving their units already! I ordered mine the very first day (May 20th) before Noon Central, and still have not received a shipping notice. I paid the $20 extra for FedEx 2-Day shipping, hoping to have it in time for the long weekend. I did get my email confirmation that same night, so I know everything was processed OK.

Surely mine was in the first batch of shipments, right? Did you guys really sell that many so quickly? If so, congrats! It seems like the product is living up to all of the favorable reviews.

Here's to hoping that mine arrives tomorrow, since I have had online orders arrive before getting shipping info...

UPDATE: Got my shipping notice this morning, unit shipped yesterday, but because of the holiday I won't see it until the 27th...oh well, at least it's on the way...
Last edited by orbitalcomp on Fri May 23, 2008 7:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
orbitalcomp

Postby teddman » Thu May 22, 2008 2:58 pm

Thanks for clearing the air about the situation, at least now I can stop checking my inbox.

But :( for Memorial Weekend Netflix Player fun.
teddman

Postby chrisgoodrich » Thu May 22, 2008 4:09 pm

I sure hope the order I placed on Tuesday night isn't on the 10 day waitlist. This would make me very very sad. :(
chrisgoodrich

Postby DaBrain888 » Thu May 22, 2008 5:31 pm

chrisgoodrich wrote:I sure hope the order I placed on Tuesday night isn't on the 10 day waitlist. This would make me very very sad. :(

Well good luck! I ordered mine very early Tuesday morning and nothing! looks like we all gotta wait. IM glad they got all these orders BUT IM not glad they could not even fill the orders from Tuesday morning or evening. For now we have no choice.

UPDATE: Just want to be fair here. My unit shipped 5/22/08
Brian
FAIRVIEW, PA USA
7.1 Mbs DSL on Sony Wega LCD HDTV 46 inch using HDMI, Optical Audio and wireless "XDS Roku" feed
DaBrain888

Postby rokulies » Fri May 23, 2008 7:49 am

Dabrain,
What was your invoice #? When did you get the e-mail saying it was shipped?

Thanks,
rokulies

Postby RokuLyndon » Fri May 23, 2008 9:11 am

Heidi posted on this thread, http://forums.roku.com/viewtopic.php?t= ... c&start=15, that there was an intial delay in confirmation emails going out.
RokuLyndon

Website for checking shipping status?

Postby san » Fri May 23, 2008 4:18 pm

Is there any website where I can check status of the order?

I placed my order on Tuesday May 20th, I have still not received any email.
san

Postby RokuLyndon » Fri May 23, 2008 5:19 pm

You can call customer service. There isn't a website to lookup your order.
RokuLyndon

Postby rokulies » Fri May 23, 2008 6:18 pm

Hopefully they will give you a definite answer. I still don't really know the status after talking to them.
rokulies

Friday Night Update

Postby RokuTim » Fri May 23, 2008 11:44 pm

I've just finished crunching the numbers on orders and incoming units and I can share a bit more information...

Orders placed before 2pm PT on Thursday, May 22 should be fulfilled this coming week. Orders placed between then and now should be fulfilled the week of June 2. While this may not be as satisfying as seeing the FedEx man at your door, I want to be as transparent as possible as I realize the lack of information is frustrating.

I'd like to personally apologize for any problems our shipment delays have caused -- it is certainly not how we intended to handle this. We're working with a new ecommerce system and payment gateway and it's been a learning experience for all of us.

Thanks for your patience and I hope you enjoy your Player when it arrives.

Tim Twerdahl
VP, Consumer Products
RokuTim

Re: Friday Night Update

Postby KlaasV » Sat May 24, 2008 3:05 am

RokuTim wrote:I realize the lack of information is frustrating.

Don't worry. Roku customers are very familiar with that kind of frustration. Ask the Soundbridge owners for details.

By the way: As the Netflix box is of no use for us Europeans, is there a way to get rid of this forum by some setting in the profile?

Regards
KlaasV
KlaasV

Postby RokuLyndon » Sat May 24, 2008 7:57 am

Klaasv,

No, there's no way to not see the forum.
RokuLyndon

Postby myflyertrains » Sat May 24, 2008 9:00 am

DaBrain888 wrote:
chrisgoodrich wrote:I sure hope the order I placed on Tuesday night isn't on the 10 day waitlist. This would make me very very sad. :(

Well good luck! I ordered mine very early Tuesday morning and nothing! looks like we all gotta wait. IM glad they got all these orders BUT IM not glad they could not even fill the orders from Tuesday morning or evening. For now we have no choice.

UPDATE: Just want to be fair here. My unit shipped 5/22/08

Apparently orders are NOT being shipped in the order they are received! My order in the low 2700s was placed Tuesday morning, and I received an email telling me that I did not make the cut, and that my order will ship next week.

Not much to be done about this, as this is the only game in town. I am sure that at some point these things will be piled on store shelves, but right now they are in short supply. The only thing if my order was #2700s, did they really have less than 2700 units in stock when they started promoting this item?

Chuck
Winter Park, FL
myflyertrains

If you haven't received any post-confirmation email...

Postby edjm » Sat May 24, 2008 10:30 am

I placed my order on 5/20 and received an email confirmation later that day saying it would ship in "the next day or two" and that I would receive a follow-up email with shipment notification. It's now five days later - I haven't received a follow-up, but I do see the charge posted to my credit card on 5/22. I called the Netflix support people via Roku's 888 number, they (1st level person and a manager) told me that Roku canceled my order for some unknown reason and all I can do is place a new order online "if I still want it" and hope Roku refunds the original charge.

Frustrating.

Point is... if you ordered on 5/20 and got an order confirmation saying yours would ship in 1-2 days but haven't received any follow up since, you may want to call and see if your order was mysteriously canceled by Roku as well.

The Netflix guys were nice, but just seemed to have no idea why Roku decided to cancel my order without telling me (or them), so I guess all I can do is place another order and wait and see what happens this time!
edjm

Next

Return to Roku Streaming Player General Discussion