Sound stopped working

Moderators: RokuDouglas, RokuRyan, RokuJamesL, RokuKen

Sound stopped working

Postby Cadacaboy » Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:18 am

I connected to my music server, it played one song, and when I went to another artist is plays but no more sound. The sound no longer works on anything--stored music, internet radio or FM/AM radio. All show that they're connected and playing, but no sound. Any ideas on what's wrong, how to fix? The sound works with headphones, but not threw the speakers.
Cadacaboy

Postby RokuLyndon » Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:07 am

If you pull the power, and reconnect the unit, does the audio return?

Which soundbridge is this?
How is it connecdted to your speakers or av receiver?
RokuLyndon

sound not working

Postby mrijdt@gmail.com » Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:36 pm

I have the same irritating problem several times a day. Only re-starting or unplugging helps which is not a solution to the cause of the problem of course.

I have the M1001 and have had this problem with both digital and analog outputs ever since I bought it about two years ago (couldn't return it because I moved countries). Equalizer shows it is still playing mp3's or radio but sound disappears completely. Am using version 3.0.44 of the software.

I browsed this forum but did not find any suggestion on how to solve this (except re-starting).

So before I finally toss this useless piece of equipment, one last try.
Am I missing something or is Roku really not able to solve this? Could it be that the unit is defective? Do new Soundbridges have the same problem?
Mrijdt
mrijdt@gmail.com

Postby untitledtv » Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:27 pm

I have the same problem and no responses....any results?
iTunes 7.7
Roku M1001
Soundbridge: 3.0.44
PC connected to Ethernet 2Wire
Roku Wireless
untitledtv

Re: Sound stopped working

Postby jpphipps » Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:35 am

Cadacaboy wrote:........All show that they're connected and playing, but no sound. Any ideas on what's wrong, how to fix? The sound works with headphones, but not threw the speakers.

If you get consistent sound with passive headphones plugged into the SoundBridge, it would appear to be a problem with the speaker system, not the SoundBridge. Try a different pair of powered speakers and let us know whether that solves things.
3 SoundBridges, 1 SoundBridge Radio - Phoenix, AZ
2 SoundBridges - Netarts, OR
jpphipps

Postby GrahamD » Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:07 am

I get exactly the same problem with a M1001 too,maybe 2 or 3 times in a month. I've always got over it by selecting "Restart Soundbridge" in the menu rather than unplugging the unit.
GrahamD

Postby atgcpaul » Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:12 pm

I have had the same problem with my Soundbridge on several occasions.
It appears to be connected and streaming from either Internet radio or
Windows Media Player (graphic equalizer is moving) but no sound is coming
out. I connect to computer speakers via the headphone jack. I have only
been able to recover by unplugging the Soundbridge and plugging it back
in. I haven't tried restarting through the menu. Roku, please find a fix.

Paul
atgcpaul

Postby Kathied » Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:54 am

The sound has stopped working with my Roku box. I have a Yamaha YSP-3000 sound system I tried checking connections,
disconnecting the Roku box and also reconfiguring the network but no luck. Any suggestions?
Kathied

Postby BlakeTX » Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:30 pm

After 3 months of Roku working fine, the audio stopped working as many have reported here.

First the fix for our Samsung LCD: unplug the power while TV is on. Plug it back in and presto. Roku working just fine.

After realizing the AppleTV was having the same issue, my wife remembered we'd sometimes have the issue if the TV was turned off with buttons on the TV - stupid I know!

Hopefully this will work for you on different TV models.
BlakeTX

Postby icarni » Mon May 21, 2012 11:23 am

Same issue here ... after a while of few years well working it stopped no from one song to the next .... i used next the the digital out but same story, no sound ..... no matter how often I disconnect from the wall etc etc .....
M1001, Onkyo A-9555, Onkyo DX-7555, HECO Celan XT 901
icarni

Return to SoundBridge General Discussion