misplaced/lost my remote

Moderators: RokuDouglas, RokuShawnS, RokuKen, RokuRyan, RokuJamesL

misplaced/lost my remote

Postby anant » Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:05 am

Hello:
I seem to have either misplaced or lost my Roku remote. Roku FAQ says any universal remote can be adapted to use with Roku box. Can someone recommend a cheap universal remote that can be easily programmed to work with my Roku box ?
Thanks in anticipation of reply.

anant
anant

Postby elorimer » Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:42 pm

The remote is between the sofa cushions. :)

Not quite. The FAQ says that it uses industry standard remote commands that can be learned or programmed into popular universal remotes. That's true, but unless you have a friend with a Roku remote, you won't be able to learn the commands onto a universal learning remote. Programming the code into a universal remote requires a JP1, Pronto, Harmony or similar remote that can produce the device/subdevice header, or one that can download the Roku code from a mother ship.

If you tossed out the sofa, you might just get a replacement remote from Roku ($10) and a learning remote, learn the codes to the learning remote and put the Roku remote away in a safe place.
elorimer

Postby DoomsDay » Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:05 pm

The harmony remotes work with the roku box. Just use N1000 for the model number. It should be in the list.
DoomsDay

Postby popeye » Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:55 am

They're $9.99 in Roku's online store..

http://www.roku.com/buyroku_onlinecatalog.php
popeye

Re: misplaced/lost my remote

Postby JOBLO » Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:21 pm

If you have an iPhone or iTouch, believe it or not..."there's an app for that"!

Just search apps for DVPRemote, download the app (only .99 cents, also amazing), and voila! You have a virtual Roku remote on your phone/touch, only more functional.

DVPRemote App Setup Tip:
Skip entering all the Roku box info that it first asks for, like ip address, etc. Instead, press search, and it will find
your Roku box from your wireless network, then automatically capture the info . (if you have more than one box, just select the one you want to use the remote for)
Takes about 10 seconds to set-up, and that's it! No more searching for the remote, or waiting for snail-mail for a new one. This app is an Epic win!!

(Others have helped me with technical issues, so I'm just paying it forward. Hope this helps someone:-)
JOBLO

Postby Village Idiot » Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:58 am

You have to pay for apps ? I thought they were free like web site links.
Wow i guess i'll never be buying an iphone. I'll keep my RAZR V3
Village Idiot

Postby calicommando » Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:59 am

Village Idiot wrote:You have to pay for apps ? I thought they were free like web site links.
Wow i guess i'll never be buying an iphone. I'll keep my RAZR V3

There are plenty of free apps, including a free Roku remote app.
calicommando

Postby scarlettu2 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:00 pm

I have not lost or misplaced my remote, but instead the remote is no longer working. The remote is less than three months old, being it was a sent with a replacement RoKu. I have changed the batteries and still it seems that the remote will not work. I have the app for my iPhone, in fact I have tried both the free and paid app. There is a bug with maintaing the WiFi network in the app, so they are more of a quick fix than a permanent solution. I have check the link that was provided in this thread , maybe I overlooked it, but I did not see where you could order a replacement for the digital player. Is there another link or did I really over look it. Thanks in advance ! :D
Carpe Diem
scarlettu2

Postby peej » Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:23 pm

I knew I had seen it somewhere...

http://shop.roku.com/Webpage2.aspx?WebpageId=2 :)
peej

Postby scarlettu2 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:33 pm

peej wrote:I knew I had seen it somewhere...

http://shop.roku.com/Webpage2.aspx?WebpageId=2 :)

Thanks!
Carpe Diem
scarlettu2

Postby Bigi » Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:40 am

To JOBLO - For just $2.99, My IPhone is now a ROKU remote! Thanks for the heads up!
Bigi

Postby trothatl » Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:59 pm

For the Android, I've been really happy with Roku Remote from Jigawatt Labs. It worked great on my original Roku, and now with my Roku 2 I'm able to operate both of them from the same app. http://www.jigawattlabs.com/rokuremote It's $1.49 and well worth it. I like that it shows all of my channels and I can select any of them from my Droid 2's screen, so I don't have to back out of the channel I'm watching and scroll through the channels on the TV screen to get to another channel.
trothatl

Postby curly » Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:10 pm

Free iPhone app called dijit works great as a remote for multiple devices
curly

Postby cbojar » Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:17 pm

This thread is quite old, so I'm not sure why it was resurrected. In any case, the links to the Roku store are now outdated, so if you are looking for a replacement remote, go to https://shop.roku.com/accessories-all instead.
cbojar

Postby meredithbarthel » Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:31 am

There is now free android apps for the roku. My grandson lost the remote two days after we installed the roku. We've been using my phone for the remote every since. :D
meredithbarthel

Next

Return to Roku Streaming Player General Discussion