Discussions about Roku products, channels, and Roku-related topics.
Moderators: RokuShawnS, RokuKen, RokuRyan, RokuJamesL
Does anyone know what the "Secret Screen" is used for? I got to it by accident by hitting home 5 times then fast forward 3 times then rewind 2 times.
- Posts: 4
- Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:13 am
The secret screen is for debugging purposes. Specifically, it can be used for:
- Setting diagnostic messages. This identifies what specific stream was negotiated and what network speed it had detected. This generates a pop-up message when a movie is started. (The default is no diagnostic message.)
- Select a specific stream to use instead of selecting a stream based on the network speed it had detected. (The default is "auto select", which means it uses the best stream based on the network speed it detected.)
- With the 1.5 version of the software, select between "primary profile streams" (the old streams) and "advanced streams" (the new, better compressed streams). With the 1.5 version, "advanced streams" is the default. In versions of the software before 1.5, only "primary profile streams" could be used.
- Posts: 565
- Joined: Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:07 am
- Location: Oregon, USA
There are actually TWO secret screens...
The BITRATE secret screen is as you describe.
The second one is for BETA settings.
- Posts: 185
- Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:26 pm
- Location: Phoenix
Return to Roku Streaming Player General Discussion
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Bacon, Dakotah and 17 guests