For the past 2 days, my player has been locking up when trying to view any NetFlix content.
I have noticed a couple of symptoms:
1) The box *seems* to take longer to boot than it used to. This may just be perception, but I timed it and it took almost 4 minutes to start up (unfortunately, I have no "control data" to tell me how long it was taking before this problem appeared, so it really could just be psychological).
2) While browsing my Instant Queue, the navigation is very responsive, but as soon as I click "Play" from a title menu, the device hangs for nearly a minute (this used to be instantaneous).
When the player finally begins to retrieve the selected title, it hangs at the black screen: no change in the progress bar and no quality dots/ indicators appear. It will remain in this state until it is rebooted (literally, my kids left it for hours waiting for me to get home from work).
A couple of things about my setup:
1) I have a 3Mb DSL connection, which is operating normally (every other device on my home network-- and there are 12 of them-- can reach the Internet).
2) My player has the latest software (v1.5b909).
3) The network status reported by the player is OK - it is receiving an IP address.
4) The "secret screen" shows that the player is registered.
5) There are about 120 titles in my queue. All of the "ad box" images appear after the unit has booted up.
Is anyone having similar symptoms? Any thoughts? Does anyone know of any other secret screens with other diagnostic tools?