Starz TV live feeds

Moderators: RokuDouglas, RokuShawnS, RokuKen, RokuRyan, RokuJamesL

Starz TV live feeds

Postby caseyd » Sun May 03, 2009 1:06 pm

Does anyone know if or when you will be able to view the Starz TV live feeds through Roku?
caseyd

Re: Starz TV live feeds

Postby billc124 » Sun May 03, 2009 1:12 pm

caseyd wrote:Does anyone know if or when you will be able to view the Starz TV live feeds through Roku?

I think I read something about this only being available through the Netflix site. Since Starz is a pay service on most cable providers, I can't see them allowing Netflix to stream this via the Roku, then nobody would pay for it if they get it for free easily. So, while it would be nice, I don't think that will happen soon. Unless of course, they add it to the Roku as a pay option or something.
billc124

Starz is not "free" on Netflix

Postby caseyd » Sun May 03, 2009 2:50 pm

Netflix does not have a "free" account where you can view the Starz channel. So I would not consider it free. It is true that Starz is not listed seperatly on your bill, however, I am sure Netflix is paying Starz to provide that feature. So that cost is passed on to us.

Netflix has something good with it's instantwatch, however, it has badly implimented several features. One of witch is the lack of availability to use instant watch from profiles. Really makes the devices less useful in family situations.
caseyd

Postby billc124 » Sun May 03, 2009 3:31 pm

This is true, but if they make it available on your TV then people will be unlikely to subscribe to it through the cable company, which means Starz would lose money. I can't think of any business that would agree to that. I agree with what you said about the Instant Watch stuff, but it will get there eventually. You need to remember that this is bleeding edge stuff here and you have to accept some growing pains along the way.
billc124

Postby keithandmissy » Sun May 03, 2009 9:55 pm

This goes right into the whole thing about cable companies still being tied to many content providers. Without getting this thread too far off-topic, this is the simple reason as to why Netflix has only been able to add a limited amount of current programming.
keithandmissy

Postby TexGuy » Mon May 04, 2009 12:29 am

Who even knows if starz would even do this again after this was done with ITVN.
TexGuy

Return to Roku Streaming Player General Discussion