I tried adding the roku as a new device to my harmony 1 but it won't
stick / show as a device on the remote. Specifically, I added a new
device for "Video Recorder/PVR/Roku/N1000" but it never shows up
as a device once I add it. Has anyone gotten their harmony1 to work
with their roku?

thanks!
scott_m

Postby billc124 » Sun May 17, 2009 7:44 am

Yep. Works fine. I think you have to add it as a Digital Set Top Box. I am not at my home computer to check but I am almost positive that is how I added mine.
billc124

Roku DVP With Harmony One

Postby jrisberg » Sun May 17, 2009 3:20 pm

The Roku DVP works nicely with my Harmony One remote. Here are the specific settings to use in Logitech's current software (7.5.0):

Device -> Video Recorder -> PVR -> Roku -> N1000

You can also use:

Device -> Cable/Satellite Box -> Digital Set Top Box -> Roku -> N1000

I believe "Netflix" will also work in place of "N1000" for the model number.

Joel
jrisberg

Postby AnClar » Mon May 18, 2009 11:19 pm

My Roku is also working fine with my Harmony 1. Set it up as Device -> Video Recorder -> PVR -> Roku -> N1000. Also have an activity set up on the H1 for "Watch Roku" works like a charm.
AnClar

Re: roku and the logitech harmony 1 remote?

Postby SkOrPn » Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:07 pm

Not sure how you got the Roku to work on your Harmony 1, but its not listed as a device in any drop down what so ever in Harmony software 7.7.0. Logitech says its listed as a Media Center PC, but its also not in there. I added it manually, but the remote does not do anything when I select Watch Roku other than turn on the TV and the Reciever, I have to physically select Devices>Roku in order to get the remote to control the Roku N1000, but that effectively prevents me from controlling the volume on my receiver as well.

Anyone know why Logitech removed Roku from the list of Manufacturers?
SkOrPn

Postby Gilgamesh » Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:00 am

They may have simply consolidated the devices. Roku is defiantly still listed under DVD which is what I used to set up mine.
Gilgamesh

Postby BarefootJoe » Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:19 am

Mine is set up under DVD also.
BarefootJoe

Postby SkOrPn » Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:10 am

Ok, so go into the DVD section to see if its in there? Ok, I did and your right, its in the DVD section under DVD. Just plain weird though. Thanks for the quick reply.
SkOrPn

Postby robertm » Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:28 am

One thing you may want to do is set the stop button on the harmony to be the up arrow button from the roku remote and tell the logitech software to not try and turn it off and on. I don't remember now but I may have also had to add the home button to the touch screen.
robertm

Postby ElectroLund » Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:38 am

I can confirm that Rokus are now listed in the DVD section.

I set my Harmony One up like this, but there doesn't appear to be any Roku commands coming out at all when I attempt to use the activity. Like a previous poster said, the Harmony only is turning on the other equipment.
My hardware:
Logitech Harmony One remote
Roku 3
Samsung Blu Ray
Samsung TV
Logitech Squeezebox
iPad 2 - DVP Remote app, Plex app, Remote Buddy app, Apple Remote app, iPeng app
ElectroLund

Postby atheling » Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:10 am

Not sure why Logitech/Harmony decided do do things the way they did, but for me there was no default mapping of the Roku back or home buttons. I ended up adding the Roku back button to the Harmony "exit" key and the Roku home button to the Harmony "menu" key. With that I can back out of videos/movies without reaching for the Roku remote.
atheling

Postby ElectroLund » Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:36 am

Not sure why I had problems the first time around, setting up an activity. I had initially set up my activity as "Utility", but the Harmony wizard didn't ask me what devices are used. So I set up a "canned" activity (in my case, Watch a DVD), renamed it "Watch Roku" and now it's working great.

I set the Guide button to do the Roku home command, the Exit button to do the back command, and set the Jump button to the instant replay command. Works great!

The only thing I wish would work would be the keypad. Apparently, on Roku search keyboard screens, the keypad on the Harmony won't work.
My hardware:
Logitech Harmony One remote
Roku 3
Samsung Blu Ray
Samsung TV
Logitech Squeezebox
iPad 2 - DVP Remote app, Plex app, Remote Buddy app, Apple Remote app, iPeng app
ElectroLund

Postby monkeyluis » Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:29 pm

ElectroLund wrote:The only thing I wish would work would be the keypad. Apparently, on Roku search keyboard screens, the keypad on the Harmony won't work.

I see you have the iPad with the DVP remote app. I've used the keyboard on that app and it works fine for me. Now I don't think it works with all channels. But I remember netflix and hulu I believe did work just fine.
monkeyluis

Return to Roku Streaming Player General Discussion