NETGEAR WGT624v2 - Roku connection keeps dropping

Moderators: RokuDouglas, RokuShawnS, RokuRyan, RokuJamesL, RokuKen

NETGEAR WGT624v2 - Roku connection keeps dropping

Postby ronroku » Thu May 21, 2009 12:21 pm

I have been using the Netgear WGT624v2 router for 3 years w/out any connectivity problems. I have 2 laptops and 2 VOIP phones working wirelessly before I connected ROKU and never had a dropped connection.

I got ROKU about a month ago and , its connection keeps dropping randomly from the very first day. I have checked my laptop ( in the same room as ROKU) to see if its still connected to the internet and it usually is. So are the phones. SO the problem is with ROKU's connection.It is unable to recoonect to the network unless I power off the router wait 30 secs and then and restart it. After which Roku is able to connect to the wireless network.

It is very annoying and inconvinient to keep rebooting the router for ROKU to reconnect to the network and restart.

Any suggestion what I can do ? I have no idea why ROKU seems to drop the connection over and over when the other gadgets are working well.
:?
ronroku

Postby jcroft » Thu May 21, 2009 2:22 pm

Can you try shutting off everything but the Roku, restarting the router, and then see if the Roku is stable?
jcroft

I have your same problem

Postby steelydave » Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:00 pm

This sounds like deja vu to me. Had no problems after I first got it at the beginning of the year, but after the update to AVOD, it takes forever to load movies, and also drops out a lot.
steelydave

Return to Roku Streaming Player General Discussion