No Network Connection on Linksys BEFSR41 V3

Moderators: RokuShawnS, RokuDouglas, RokuKen, RokuRyan, RokuJamesL

No Network Connection on Linksys BEFSR41 V3

Postby feawen » Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:42 pm

I connected the Roku box up to the switchbox on our router and it connected okay to do the update but since the update it can't connect to the network now.

I've checked the router settings and everything appears to be okay. There are available IP's and DHCP Server is enabled. I even did a reset on the Roku box and it still comes up with "can't connect to network." The switchbox is connected directly to the router and only one computer and the Roku box are connected to it. Upstairs we have another switch box with 2 computers and the xbox .. all running without issues.

There are 8 slots open on the router, 4 computers and 1 xbox running just fine, and 3 slots (IPs) available. I can't understand why it did the update just fine but can't connect now? After two hours of tinkering and trying this 'n that... frankly, I'm ready to box it back up and send it back.javascript:emoticon(':cry:')
feawen

Postby philsoft » Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:47 pm

You should try resetting the modem, the router, and the roku. If that doesn't work, you should try plugging the roku into a different port on the router.
philsoft
** Valued Community Member **

Postby frank1940 » Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:08 am

I had a Linksys BEFSR41 router (don't know the version) which worked perfectly for many years with three computers connected to it. After I got the Roku, the Roku box would suddenly stop working in the middle of a movie. After considerable experimenting, I found that rebooting the router would 'fix' the problem. I checked and updated the Linksys BEFSR41 firmware. This did not solve the problem.

I finally corrected the problem by replacing the linksys with a new router. The problem has never reoccured since that time. I realize that some people might consider the coward's way out but it worked for me.
frank1940

Return to Roku Streaming Player General Discussion