NFL to start streaming on the web

Moderators: RokuDouglas, RokuShawnS, RokuRyan, RokuJamesL, RokuKen

NFL to start streaming on the web

Postby KennyJ » Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:22 am

http://newteevee.com/2009/08/21/sunday- ... g-in-sept/

One sure sign that the summer is coming to a close? People are gearing up for football. And while the NFL may be behind some of its sports league brethren in terms of online video, you will be able to watch all 17 Sunday Night Football games live on the web this season.
KennyJ

Postby jeffrok » Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:31 am

Ehh, they have a long way to go.. They need a package like the MLB that allows all feeds for one price.. It would be a total hit.
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koy2eg1ioZ8&list=HL1380998604&feature=mh_lolz
jeffrok
** Valued Community Member **

Postby QuantumIguana » Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:24 am

A journey of 1,000 miles begins with a single step.

This itself if marginal, as most viewers already have access to NBC over the air. Getting a package like MLB has would be tricky, as they have contracts with Fox, CBS, NBC and ESPN. They could, I suppose, stream the NFL Network or let people watch older games on demand.

Sports is one big reason that people keep their cable TV. We are seeing more and more sports being available via the web. Early in 2008, I was debating someone who insisted that we would never get our TV via the Internet. He kept insisting on this even though I was able to go to content provider's websites and watch episodes. And then along came this Roku box which really changed a lot.
QuantumIguana

Postby dnelms » Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:38 pm

I know each has his own sport that is a favorite (mine is baseball), but I'd only pay for football IF I could pay to see one team each week. I've been a Tampa Bay fan (living in NC) since the expansion days. I'd only pay to see the Bucs. That said, I know there is just as many (if not more) playing fantasy football as there fantasy baseball. So I can see a where they would like the overall package.

Just as a side note, you already can get the whole package on DirecTV. It's called NFL Sunday Ticket.
dnelms

Return to Roku Streaming Player General Discussion