How do I find the Activation Code?

Moderators: RokuShawnS, RokuDouglas, RokuKen, RokuRyan, RokuJamesL

How do I find the Activation Code?

Postby ronnath » Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:56 am

Long story short:

i've lost my connection between the player and my computer. this happened earlier this year and i was able to find the activation code to reactivate my netflix account.

try as i might i can''t figure out how to find the code.

i''ve tried both a factoryreset and a reboot and both take me right into the setup screen which does me no good.

how do i retrieve the "activation code" so i can get my player back on-line?
ron
ronnath

Postby techmonkey » Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:10 am

Since you did a factory reset I think you will have to go through the set up process in which ROKU will generate a new activation code.
techmonkey

Postby ronnath » Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:49 pm

sounds good, TM.

but how do i do that?
ron
ronnath

Postby techmonkey » Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:31 pm

ronnath wrote:sounds good, TM.

but how do i do that?

Have you gone through the set up process? Once you do that if you click on the Netflix icon it should give you a activation code, you the go to the netflix site it says something like netflix.com/acitvate
techmonkey

Postby ronnath » Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:18 am

In addition to starting this thread, I also sent a note to Roku Technical Support. Here are the exchanges I've had with them up to this point.

This is the message I sent to them:

I’ve lost my connection between the player and my computer. In order to
reestablish contact I will have to type in the "activation code."

Try as I might I can’t figure out how to get the code. I’ve tried both a factory reset and a reboot and both take me right into the setup screen.

How do I retrieve the "activation code" so I can get my player back on-line?

I received this reply this morning:

Dear Ron,
Thank you for contacting ROKU Support. My Name is Ranjini and I will be helping you with your query.
Kindly go through the following steps
1 . Push and hold the reset button continuously at the back of the player for 40 seconds when it is plugged in.
2 . Release the reset button after 40 seconds and unplug the power cable and plug it back after 10 seconds.
3 . Then redo the setup of the player and activate the device.
Please feel free to write to us if you have further questions or issues.
Thank you for providing us with an opportunity to assist you and thank you for choosing ROKU.
Best Regards,
Ranjini
Roku Support

I tried the above procedure and it didn’t work. This is how I responded to Roku tech support.

Thanks for the prompt response.

But, it didn’t work.

I tried the procedure several times and the same thing happens each time: I push in and hold the reset button and after a few seconds I immediately get a screen telling me it’s starting a set-up even though I’m still holding the reset button in.

It then goes out and identifies the modem and tries to connect to it. In none of the cases of this happening does it give me that activation code.

I’m waiting for their next response.
ron
ronnath

Postby RokuMarkn » Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:05 am

It sounds like you've done steps 1 and 2. Now you need to do step 3 -- re-run Setup. Just follow the instructions on the screen.

--Mark
RokuMarkn
Roku Engineering

Postby ronnath » Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:13 am

i received another message from roku support asking what the screens looked like that i was receiving.

i decided to give it one more shot. this time with my camera in hand and shot each screen as it appeared.

guess what - the activation code screen popped up.

this is what the screens looked like:

i have no idea why it appeared this time, but it did. i ran to the pc and typed in the code and everything is working exactly like it should.

thanks for the responses.
ron
ronnath

Return to Roku Streaming Player General Discussion