Using more than one device

Moderators: RokuDouglas, RokuShawnS, RokuRyan, RokuJamesL, RokuKen

Using more than one device

Postby irishiz1258 » Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:50 pm

I currently have a Roku box hooked up. I was wondering if I can hook one up to another TV and wach movies from both boxes at one time.
Brent McConnell
irishiz1258

Postby philsoft » Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:05 pm

I believe the rule is, you may have one device in use for each disc you are allowed to have out at one time. In other words, if you are on the 2 at a time plan from Netflix, you can attach two devices to your Netflix account.
philsoft
** Valued Community Member **

Postby norb » Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:22 pm

I believe philsoft has the rule correct.

As far as first hand experience... We have the 3 out plan and 2 Roku boxes and have streamed different netflix content to each box simultaneously on several occasions without any problem.
norb

Postby -LD » Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:24 pm

philsoft wrote:I believe the rule is, you may have one device in use for each disc you are allowed to have out at one time. In other words, if you are on the 2 at a time plan from Netflix, you can attach two devices to your Netflix account.

Not exactly. You can have several devices, but you can only stream to the # of discs at a time your plan has. I have 1 at a time and stream to 3 devices for example, just not simultaneously.
-LD

Postby kc8pql » Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:32 pm

-LD wrote:Not exactly. You can have several devices, but you can only stream to the # of discs at a time your plan has. I have 1 at a time and stream to 3 devices for example, just not simultaneously.

And I believe you can link as many as 6 devices.
kc8pql
** Valued Community Member **

Multiple devices...

Postby wonderbird » Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:00 pm

I am on the 4 at a time plan. I have 5 devices associated. (3 roku and 2 ps3) Theoretically I could stream to the same number simultaneously as my membership plan but I don't think I've ever actually had more than 2 streaming at the same time...
wonderbird

Return to Roku Streaming Player General Discussion