How to delete a Pandora channel?

Discussion not related to any specific Roku product.

Moderator: RokuJamesL

How to delete a Pandora channel?

Postby tiggyr » Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:28 pm

I created some Pandora radio channels on the Roku and now want to delete a few of them, but I can't find the option to do so anywhere. I also looked on the Pandora website and can't find where to do it. I deleted Pandora from the Roku and re-added it, but all the radio channels I created are still there.

Anyone know how to delete these?
tiggyr

Re: How to delete a Pandora channel?

Postby cfaulkingham » Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:11 am

tiggyr wrote:I created some Pandora radio channels on the Roku and now want to delete a few of them, but I can't find the option to do so anywhere. I also looked on the Pandora website and can't find where to do it. I deleted Pandora from the Roku and re-added it, but all the radio channels I created are still there.

Anyone know how to delete these?

You can delete your station on Pandora.com by clicking on the little down arrow on your station list. It will pop-up a menu that will allow you to remove it.
cfaulkingham

Postby tiggyr » Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:01 am

cfaulkingham wrote:You can delete your station on Pandora.com by clicking on the little down arrow on your station list. It will pop-up a menu that will allow you to remove it.

Unfortunately, the Roku box Pandora channel and Pandora.com maintain a separate channel list. I can delete everything off Pandora.com and my Roku Pandora channels are all still active and from what I've been able to determine so far, appear to be undeleteable. :(
tiggyr

Postby calicommando » Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:07 am

tiggyr wrote:
cfaulkingham wrote:You can delete your station on Pandora.com by clicking on the little down arrow on your station list. It will pop-up a menu that will allow you to remove it.

Unfortunately, the Roku box Pandora channel and Pandora.com maintain a separate channel list. I can delete everything off Pandora.com and my Roku Pandora channels are all still active and from what I've been able to determine so far, appear to be undeleteable. :(

I haven't tried it recently, but that wasn't true for me last week. I was able to delete a channel I had added on the roku by going to the website.
calicommando

Postby tiggyr » Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:40 am

I finally got it working, but not sure why it didn't work the first time. I deleted all my stations on Pandora.com, logged out and signed back in and the same stations that are on the Roku finallly loaded in and I was able to delete them.

:?
tiggyr

Postby lilaclily » Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:33 pm

their site states to click the Specials options button below the station. I cannot find this button at all
lilaclily

Re:

Postby silentprey1968 » Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:55 am

tiggyr wrote:I finally got it working, but not sure why it didn't work the first time. I deleted all my stations on Pandora.com, logged out and signed back in and the same stations that are on the Roku finally loaded in and I was able to delete them.

:?

After making your changes at the Pandora site, you probably have to re-sync your Roku by going into the channel store.
silentprey1968

Postby DT6 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:33 am

As much as I love Pandora to discover new music it can get a bit boring after a while when the same songs are played over and over again. So yeah, I've tried to delete a few channels too and it is indeed an annoying process! If I remember correctly I even contacted Pandora support. Good to have this thread to get back to now.
DT6

Postby lilaclily » Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:02 am

This is the answer from Pandora. It worked for me.

Sounds like you need to check the shortcut/bookmark that you use to get to Pandora. It should only be http://www.pandora.com.

If there is anything added onto to it (e.g., www.pandora.com/backstage), then erase that. That is most likely the problem.
lilaclily

Postby technut9 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:05 pm

Finally -- this is what worked -- it turns out that you need to have your online pandora account associated with your roku -- you don't need to reset the Roku player so ..

1. remove the pandora channel from your roku (Channel Store > select Pandora > remove channel
2. after the channel is removed from your channel list, go back to the Channel Store and select Pandora, then add it back to your Channel Listing
3. You're now prompted to register your roku with pandora -- the roku will show a code to enter in the pandora.com website.
4. register your Roku with Pandora on pandora.com and you are prompted to associate your pandora.com account with your Roku --
5. once your account is associated, channels that you select online will appear on the roku and channels that you create on the roku will show up in the pandora.com list ....Where you can delete them.

I can't believe how long it took to figure this out .... I haven't seen any information that says you need to associate your online pandora account with your roku -- that probably happens automatically for some people who set up their online account first ....or people who have only one account ...

Cheers and happy listening :D
technut9

Return to Roku General