Roku Won't Connect To Wireless Network

Moderators: RokuDouglas, RokuShawnS, RokuKen, RokuRyan, RokuJamesL

Roku Won't Connect To Wireless Network

Postby Cheeto » Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:14 pm

I read the thread started by Judy, and I'm having the same issues she had, except with a different router. I'm using an Airport Express. I can see the network on Roku, but it won't recognize my passcode. I even reset my router and re-entered the passcode to make sure I was using the correct one. Roku still won't connect. I don't know what else to try, as I'm in the same boat Judy was in: I'm no expert, but I can find my way around most of the time.

Any help would be much appreciated. I didn't expect setup to take this much time. :(
Cheeto

Postby worthy » Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:38 pm

OK, not familiar with your router, but a general thing to try thats easy is to turn off your firewall and then try to connect again. If it does, you can turn it back on and the connection should be fine.

No guarantees at all, I'm not a guru like some of the guys on here, but thats what worked for me when I had trouble.

Good luck, I hope it works...my family loves having the Roku.
worthy

Postby Cheeto » Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:43 pm

I solved my problem. :D I didn't realize I had a base station pw and a network pw. I set them to the same pw and retried Roku. It's all set and ready to go! Thanks, anyway!
Cheeto

Return to Roku Streaming Player General Discussion