Plugin Installation Web Page not available

Roku's free SDK allows developers to build channels and applications and publish them to the Roku Channel Store. Register for the Developer Program at http://www.roku.com/developer

Moderators: RokuDouglas, RokuRyan, RokuJamesL, RokuKen, RokuChris, RokuJoel

Plugin Installation Web Page not available

Postby brysonhyte » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:05 am

I've recently started developing a plugin for the Roku XR box and have been experiencing difficulties when trying to access the web-based plugin installation page. I can access it once in a while and then its no longer available. I've tried to clear cache and other normal procedures but nothing seems reliable.

The device is in developer mode. Is there something else I need to be doing?
brysonhyte

Postby bbefilms » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:57 am

Is it possible that the box is rebooting and picking up a different IP from DHCP? I'm developing with 3 different Roku boxes and haven't noticed this issue.
bbefilms

Postby brysonhyte » Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:49 pm

Thanks for the reply. I previously verified that the IP has not changed. The Firmware is up to date. I'll keep poking around until I find it or someone sheds some light on it.
brysonhyte

Postby bcl » Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:25 am

Have you tried using the Makefile for installation instead? I don't use the web based installer at all myself.
bcl

Postby brysonhyte » Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:46 am

not sure why, but the page works fine on my home network. only having issues on our corp. network.
brysonhyte

Postby bcl » Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:46 pm

How is it wired into the corp network? Its possible that they have the port blocked in the switch.
bcl

Return to Roku Developer Program