Sleep Mode

For discussion of the Roku BrightSign digital signage product.

Moderators: RokuDouglas, RokuKen, RokuRyan, RokuJamesL

Sleep Mode

Postby baysidemk » Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:49 am

I'd like to have my sign go dark during off hours when the facility it is in is closed. Working with the playlist functionality, it looks like one would have to build a playlist to run in those hours to blank the screen.

What would be the easiest way to construct a playlist to put up a blank screen that wouldn't burn in the monitor and not light it up in a dark room?

The display seems to revert to the background color for the last playlist if there is no playlist when the time window for the currently running playlist ends. It would be great to be able to hae the screen go black at this point instead of lighting up with some bright color used as a background.
----
M i k e
baysidemk

Postby RokuLyndon » Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:43 am

What version of brightauthor are you using?

You could just play a black image. We can also try and see if we can put your display into standby mode.
RokuLyndon

Sleep Mode

Postby baysidemk » Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:48 am

I am running the most current 2.0.0.7 beta. putting the display in the mode it goes into when it boots and hasn't initiatilized is the best option. displaying black is certainly do-able if that isn't possible.
----
M i k e
baysidemk

Postby RokuLyndon » Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:43 pm

I have a test script you can use..

PowerSave Test

Add a playlist that plays a single image, and schedule that playlist first. You'll need to do this with an interactive playlist.

Open the image in the playlist, and go to advanced, then add command. You can use this with either Send UDP or Send Serial CR.

Choose Send UDP if your unit has ethernet plugged in, or Send serial cr if your unit has a serial port.

For the parameter, add to kill sync on the display:

powersavemodeon

or to wakeup

powersavemodeoff

This should work over vga or hdmi, but another user reported his displays didn't respond to the command.
RokuLyndon

will this work with a 210 unit?

Postby baysidemk » Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:54 pm

do you think this script will work with an hd210 unit linked to an HDTV with an HDMI cable?
----
M i k e
baysidemk

Postby RokuLyndon » Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:08 am

Is the 210 connected to an ethernet connect?
RokuLyndon

210 is ethernet connected

Postby baysidemk » Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:51 am

and is connected to an HDTV via HDMI
----
M i k e
baysidemk

Postby RokuLyndon » Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:49 am

Mike,

Yes, this should work. Can you send me the model # of the display if it's not working.
RokuLyndon

Re: Sleep Mode

Postby jizlobber » Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:42 am

Hi,

i´d like to try this Feature, but the file isn´t available anymore. Can you repost it?
jizlobber

Re: Sleep Mode

Postby RokuLyndon » Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:24 pm

you don't need that file anymore. Just download brightauthor 2.2, and you can send powersave commands without any customization.
RokuLyndon

Return to BrightSign General Discussion