Roku resetting Netflix activation code

Moderators: RokuShawnS, RokuDouglas, RokuKen, RokuRyan, RokuJamesL

Roku resetting Netflix activation code

Postby pakompath » Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:42 am

This is happening on a regular basis. After idle, the netflix channel on roku requests an activation code and thus, I'll have to sign in to netflix to activate the device. Roku has been updated to the lastest firmware. Basically, I've never had this problem before. Will I lose all the channels if I do a reset hoping that will fix the constant reactivation? Please help.
pakompath

Postby scyber » Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:50 am

This happens to my parents player often, but never (so far) to mine. They seem to have issues with their wireless network dropping out frequently, so I wonder if it has something to do with that. Do you have issues with your network?

Perhaps the roku "phones home" back to netflix every once in a while and if it doesn't connect a certain # of times and/or length of time the activation is lost. Just a guess at this point, but its the best one I got.
scyber

Postby Robmac123 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:53 pm

I just figured it was because Netflix was working on their website yesterday.
Did reactivation today...
Robmac123

Postby pakompath » Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:28 pm

That could be it. I reactivated on both netflix and roku. Hopefully, no more resetting.
pakompath

Re: Roku resetting Netflix activation code

Postby davige » Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:45 am

This problem has just recently started over the past several weeks. I'll go to my Netflix Instant list and need to reactivate my Roku. It's happened 4-5 times lately. Only since latest firmware. Very frustrating.
davige

Postby kc8pql » Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:40 am

davige wrote:This problem has just recently started over the past several weeks. I'll go to my Netflix Instant list and need to reactivate my Roku. It's happened 4-5 times lately. Only since latest firmware. Very frustrating.

Note that coincidentally with the new firmware release, Netflix changed CDNs. It hasn't been a seamless move. A lot of these Netflix only problems are on their end, are being addressed, and hopefully will be fixed soon.
kc8pql
** Valued Community Member **

Postby sullivan504 » Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:21 pm

My Roku streaming player (2-3 year old original(?) model, connected via wireless) just lost its Netflix activation mid-movie. I'm stuck in a loop where the player is trying to retrieve the activation code but it never comes; I'm currently on the fifth "get a new code" attempt. Other channels on the Roku are working and the settings say that the firmware is current.

Making matters more interesting, the "retrieving code" page tells me to enter the code (which Roku can't retrieve) at netflix.com/activate. That URL redirects to http://netflix.com/activate/Activate, which is a dead page. Is this a Roku issue or is Netflix having yet another weekend failure?
sullivan504

Postby RokuShawnS » Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:26 pm

http://www.netflix.com/Activate

Hit the reset button on the bottom of the unit, and let the Roku boot back up fully. Then try to reconnect Netflix.

C. Shawn Smith
Forum Community Liaison

------------
The Cosmos is all that is, and all that was, and ever will be. -- Carl Sagan
RokuShawnS
Roku Engineering

Postby kc8pql » Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:32 pm

Odd...I just tried Netflix.com/activate and it worked OK, not that it helps you any. Only suggestion I could make is to try again later. There may be some problem with Netflix in your region.

Edit: Looks like Netflix is having a problem.
http://downrightnow.com/netflix
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________
No, I don't work for Roku.
OTA Antenna, "Netflix Player" N1000X, XDS 2100X (premature death by lightning)
Roku2 XD 3050X, Roku2 XS 3100R
kc8pql
** Valued Community Member **

Postby coloneljolak » Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:55 pm

Same thing happened to me. First it took 1-2 minutes to enter the Netflix channel. Then it said I had to activate. But when I attempt to activate it says there was an error and gives me another code. It is an ns1000 model that will be 2 years old this July.
coloneljolak

Return to Roku Streaming Player General Discussion