Roku Blue Screen

Moderators: RokuDouglas, RokuShawnS, RokuRyan, RokuJamesL, RokuKen

Roku Blue Screen

Postby ProblemMan » Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:43 am

I connect my Roku box with HDMI to my HDTV. Frequently when I switch to the Video for the Roku HDMI I get a solid blue screen. The Roku remote makes the box do the usually sounds when I click on home screen but nothing happens. Sometimes I disconnect the power to the Roku and reconnect and get the home screen but often the solid blue screen returns. Sometimes the home screen appears after 5-10 minutes but often I just give up. Once I get the home screen everything works fine.

Any thought why I have a solid blue screen and what to do about it?

Thanks
ProblemMan

Re: Roku Blue Screen

Postby philsoft » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:03 am

ProblemMan wrote:I connect my Roku box with HDMI to my HDTV. Frequently when I switch to the Video for the Roku HDMI I get a solid blue screen. The Roku remote makes the box do the usually sounds when I click on home screen but nothing happens. Sometimes I disconnect the power to the Roku and reconnect and get the home screen but often the solid blue screen returns. Sometimes the home screen appears after 5-10 minutes but often I just give up. Once I get the home screen everything works fine.

Any thought why I have a solid blue screen and what to do about it?

Thanks

Sounds like an HDMI handshake issue with your particular TV. You can probably also get it to work by unplugging and replugging the HDMI cable.
philsoft
** Valued Community Member **

Return to Roku Streaming Player General Discussion