YouTube

Moderators: RokuDouglas, RokuShawnS, RokuKen, RokuRyan, RokuJamesL

Re: YouTube

Postby dmbaker » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:20 am

I tried to get the YouTube and it is not appearing in my Roku. I have the newest and the best Roku box. What more should I be doing to get that YouTube to appear in the channel store?

Thanks in advance
Donna
dmbaker

Postby Crow550 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:05 am

dmbaker wrote:I tried to get the YouTube and it is not appearing in my Roku. I have the newest and the best Roku box. What more should I be doing to get that YouTube to appear in the channel store?

Thanks in advance
Donna

Hehe newest & best box.

They are all the same hardware except the XR has wireless N & a usb port.

Anyways setup an account at http://owner.roku.com then use the YouTube code on the top of page 1.

This is a private channel. Not a public channel store channel. Complain to Google about not making an official channel.
Crow550
** Valued Community Member **

Postby jhernes » Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:33 am

Crow550 wrote:
dmbaker wrote:I tried to get the YouTube and it is not appearing in my Roku. I have the newest and the best Roku box. What more should I be doing to get that YouTube to appear in the channel store?

Thanks in advance
Donna

Hehe newest & best box.

They are all the same hardware except the XR has wireless N & a usb port.

Anyways setup an account at http://owner.roku.com then use the YouTube code on the top of page 1.

This is a private channel. Not a public channel store channel. Complain to Google about not making an official channel.

I believe Roku SD is different hardware, unless you want to jailbreak it like the iphone to make it to HD.
:)
ROKU MODEL: N1000 - Decommissioned, HD 2000C-00 - Decommissioned, XS 3100R - Visio 50, R3 4200R - Samsung LN55
jhernes

Postby dmbaker » Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:15 pm

I have the xr and I did register the box. So where will the youtube show if not in the channel store? I don't understand? I put the code in and did the refresh and still no youtube. Where can I get step by step details to get that youtube? I really want that.

Thanks again

Donna
dmbaker

Postby TheEndless » Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:21 pm

dmbaker wrote:I have the xr and I did register the box. So where will the youtube show if not in the channel store? I don't understand? I put the code in and did the refresh and still no youtube. Where can I get step by step details to get that youtube? I really want that.

Thanks again

Donna

My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), MainSqueeze (MAINSQUEEZE), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), Twitch.tv (TWITCHTV), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
TheEndless

Postby Crow550 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:42 pm

Oops. Yeah, yeah go in the channel store after you add it & it will appear on your list of channels. :wink:
Crow550

Postby smithemyjer » Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:00 pm

I can get it all the way to the video I want to see and then it says receiving and stays there for hours?
smithemyjer

Postby staceywalk » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:25 pm

Me too... I can see the video thumbnails, but it doesn't pull them in.
staceywalk

Postby dinoyn5 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:28 pm

I have the same problems. Stays retrieving forever, but then eventually kills my internet connection and I have to go back to settings and re-connect. TIA
dinoyn5

Postby kaushikbala » Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:39 pm

Thanks Nowhereman !

The channel works great !

Would it be possible to filter the search results so that it only returns HD clips ?
kaushikbala

Postby agastya71 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:26 pm

OK, So I have ben trying out the Youtube beta channel as well. and It works great for the most part. However, I have not been able to get it to link to my youtube account. even after entering my youtube account id. (with no password ??)

How do I get it to link to my account permanently (i.e. until I decide to change the user id) ?
agastya71

Postby japzone » Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:23 pm

agastya71 wrote:OK, So I have ben trying out the Youtube beta channel as well. and It works great for the most part. However, I have not been able to get it to link to my youtube account. even after entering my youtube account id. (with no password ??)

How do I get it to link to my account permanently (i.e. until I decide to change the user id) ?

I don't understand your problem it should remember your Username once you put it in.

And as a Side note:
The Reason it doesn't ask for your Password is because it only accesses Public Info, which is why none of your Private Videos and Playlists appear. The Channel currently Lacks any Favoriting or Ratings Features so the need to actually Log-In is non-existent. Instead Nowhereman added a feature Called "Following" which allows you to "Follow" the user of a Video You are currently Viewing. Following a User gives you a setup similar to what you get for your Videos. To access your Followings just move over to the Follow Category for a list of all your Followed Users and just Pick One. Following is currently on a Per Box basis so you have to Follow the User on Each Separate Roku.
japzone

Postby sparky672 » Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:41 pm

NWM-

I cannot get my settings to stick.

On my YouTube account, Account Settings->Activity Sharing, everything is checked and I clicked "save".

On YouTube Roku, under Settings, I enter my exact YouTube username respecting case-sensitivity. Then after I click "save", I get bounced to the "Following" screen where it says I am following nothing/nobody.

I've entered my YouTube username about two dozen times... this is not fun.

Why can't it give me an error or something instead of just seemingly doing nothing after I enter a username?

What else can I try?

Thank-you!
sparky672

Postby RokuChris » Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:00 pm

sparky672 wrote:On my YouTube account, Account Settings->Activity Sharing, everything is checked and I clicked "save".

On YouTube Roku, under Settings, I enter my exact YouTube username respecting case-sensitivity. Then after I click "save", I get bounced to the "Following" screen where it says I am following nothing/nobody.

The follow mechanism can be used without associating a YouTube account and being associated with a YouTube account doesn't affect who your are or are not following. Entering a YouTube name gives you access to the subscriptions, favorites, playlists, and videos for that name.
RokuChris

Postby justadude » Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:48 pm

RokuChris, is there anyway to include all the subs and videos on an account. the search is to a limited number of videos, and the subs are limited to 25 I believe. I think you made a channel one time before that when you got to the end of the videos searched, it would say loading more videos, kinda like the break channel does....
justadude

PreviousNext

Return to Roku Streaming Player General Discussion