Hooking up RokuHD to 2 televisions

Discussion not related to any specific Roku product.

Moderator: RokuJamesL

Hooking up RokuHD to 2 televisions

Postby JimG19 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:01 pm

Hi,

I am considering buying a Roku HD for my home-office but would like to hook it up to 2 televisions, one an sd and the other a small hd. Depending on what I am doing in the room, I sometimes watch the sd and other times watch the hd.

Does the roku hd come with hdmi output as well as composite output? And if so, does any one know if there is any problem with having both hooked up and watching through one or the other?

Thanks in advance for your time. MLB is a huge consideration for me purchasing the Roku. Of course, I use Netflix as well so that would be nice not to tie up the computer to watch either application.

Jim
JimG19

Re: Hooking up RokuHD to 2 televisions

Postby Agent-0008 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:54 pm

The HDTV my ROKU is connected too can do PIP so I can set it up to have a split screen with both pictures showing but it will allow only one audio to play thru.
1) ROKU N1000 2) ROKU 2100X
Agent-0008

Postby silentprey1968 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:00 pm

silentprey1968

Postby JimG19 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:50 pm

Thank you. That answered my question. Looking forward to the Roku arriving.

Jim
JimG19

Postby mkiker2089 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:04 pm

What you will run into however is the video setting. You'll probably have to leave it on SD mode to keep the SD tv happy. If you put it on HD what will come out of the composite jacks? Has anyone tried it? Composite can't output 720 so will it output widescreen 480 that will look squished? Will it output anything at all? Also what sound will you get? There's two sound outputs, 1 via HDMI and one via RCA jacks. Keep the sound set to stereo. :?:
-Marshall-

Nun sacciu, nun vidi, nun ceru e si ceru durmiv.
I know nothing, I see nothing, I wasn't there,
and if I was there, I was asleep.
mkiker2089

Postby philsoft » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:02 am

mkiker2089 wrote:What you will run into however is the video setting. You'll probably have to leave it on SD mode to keep the SD tv happy. If you put it on HD what will come out of the composite jacks? Has anyone tried it? Composite can't output 720 so will it output widescreen 480 that will look squished? Will it output anything at all? Also what sound will you get? There's two sound outputs, 1 via HDMI and one via RCA jacks. Keep the sound set to stereo. :?:

It will output widescreen 480 that will look squished?
philsoft
** Valued Community Member **

Postby JimG19 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:40 pm

Got the Roku today. Hooked it up in about 10 minutes. Activiated MLB and Netflix. Works great. My connection (ethernet cable, not wireless) seems strong and I am very happy with my purchase. With all the negativity here lately, thought I would provide a positive reply.

Long term, I suspect any problems with the MLB stream on the Roku will be cleared up. Unless I am mistaken, the NexDef technology is fairly new so a few bumps along the way is not shocker.

Would be nice if the NFL would provide a channel similar to the NBA channel with highlights. Maybe they will. Roku rocks.

Jim
JimG19

Return to Roku General