New TV stuff on streaming: MTV, Comedy Central, Nickelodeon

Moderators: RokuDouglas, RokuShawnS, RokuRyan, RokuJamesL, RokuKen

New TV stuff on streaming: MTV, Comedy Central, Nickelodeon

Postby hammerpocket » Fri May 21, 2010 8:01 pm

Shocked a moment ago by 136 new streaming titles showing up in the Netflix new streaming RSS feed. There's a wide range of stuff from Dora and Diego to Stripperella and Strangers With Candy! It appears to mostly be stuff from MTV, Comedy Central, and Nickelodeon.
hammerpocket

Re: New TV stuff on streaming: MTV, Comedy Central, Nickelodeon

Postby Crow550 » Sat May 22, 2010 8:19 pm

All from back in the day when cable had content worth having too. :shock: IMO.
Crow550
** Valued Community Member **

Postby KennyJ » Sun May 23, 2010 7:44 am

Crow550 wrote:All from back in the day when cable had content worth having too. :shock: IMO.

So you're not a fan of current cable television shows? Most people and critics seem that the cable shows are the cream of the crop.

With that said, it was cool to see The State. I think I haven't watched that show in 15+ years. It still made me laugh. :)
KennyJ

Postby mega1026 » Sun May 23, 2010 9:59 am

I am really getting impressed with amount of stuff being added to IW
mega1026

Postby Crow550 » Sun May 23, 2010 2:28 pm

To me cable was worth having in the 90s to early Millennium.

Sci-Fi was called Sci-Fi & had a good line up. Played a lot of horror flicks too.

USA & TNT made Saturday nights worth staying up with USA UP ALL NIGHT & TNT'S MONSTER VISION.

Nickelodeon was at it's prime with shows. Gave Kids an awesome Saturday line up before Nick At Night started.

Tech TV was an awesome yet short lived channel.

HBO had Tales From The Crypt which cable had a lot of Horror / Sci-Fi type shows at the time.

Disney channel had Disney channel original movies worth watching as well as a lot of classic toons & shows.

MTV still wasn't really playing music however they had the right type of shows that fit the generation. Beavis & Butthead, Celebrity Deathmatch, Daria & so forth.

VH1 played more music. Did a lot of Behind The Music stuff. Also did Pop up Video. A lot of cool stuff.

Even Over The Air TV had some of the best TV shows. Not to say there aren't awesome TV shows today. Just when I was younger.....Shows like Hercules, X-Files, Batman The Animated Adventures....Cheesy shows of TGIF on ABC LOL! To name a few.

There was also programming for kids after school on OTA TV & not talk & court shows like now. Also programming that made getting up Saturday morning as a Kid worth watching....

I could go on & on.

Most of this stuff has a lot of Nostalgic memories. The only reality show back then and is still around is COPS.
Crow550
** Valued Community Member **

Re: New TV stuff on streaming: MTV, Comedy Central, Nickelod

Postby ryanxwalton » Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:48 am

Crow550 wrote:To me cable was worth having in the 90s to early Millennium.

Sci-Fi was called Sci-Fi & had a good line up. Played a lot of horror flicks too.

USA & TNT made Saturday nights worth staying up with USA UP ALL NIGHT & TNT'S MONSTER VISION.

Nickelodeon was at it's prime with shows. Gave Kids an awesome Saturday line up before Nick At Night started.

Tech TV was an awesome yet short lived channel.

HBO had Tales From The Crypt which cable had a lot of Horror / Sci-Fi type shows at the time.

Disney channel had Disney channel original movies worth watching as well as a lot of classic toons & shows.

MTV still wasn't really playing music however they had the right type of shows that fit the generation. Beavis & Butthead, Celebrity Deathmatch, Daria & so forth.

VH1 played more music. Did a lot of Behind The Music stuff. Also did Pop up Video. A lot of cool stuff.

Even Over The Air TV had some of the best TV shows. Not to say there aren't awesome TV shows today. Just when I was younger.....Shows like Hercules, X-Files, Batman The Animated Adventures....Cheesy shows of TGIF on ABC LOL! To name a few.

There was also programming for kids after school on OTA TV & not talk & court shows like now. Also programming that made getting up Saturday morning as a Kid worth watching....

I could go on & on.

Most of this stuff has a lot of Nostalgic memories. The only reality show back then and is still around is COPS.

And the only way you helped catch fugitives back then was to watch America's Most Wanted and Unsolved Mysteries. Now..you can just go on Twitter or Facebook and do that stuff. My..How time's have changed...
If it doesn't work, keep beating it with the hammer till it does.
ryanxwalton

Return to Roku Streaming Player General Discussion