HD/XR Remote

Moderators: RokuShawnS, RokuDouglas, RokuKen, RokuRyan, RokuJamesL

HD/XR Remote

Postby hauptm » Sun Jul 04, 2010 3:24 pm

Here's a puzzle for the masses. I think I've seen this one posted before but am unable to locate it.

I've got a 32" Sony Bravia connected via HDMI to the Roku HD box.

Before turning on the TV I can tell the remote is working because each button press causes the LED on the front of the Roku box to blink.

Once I turn-on the TV, the remote 'appears' to go dead in that pressing buttons do nothing.

I can see the Roku channel page on the TV but that's as far as I can get. I've tried unplugging the box and letting it sit with no power over night.

I've been using this setup for several months. The issues just started over the past couple of days. As far as I know, I'm at the most current software version having the new Netflix interface.

Any ideas or directions is most appreciated.
hauptm

Re: HD/XR Remote

Postby philsoft » Sun Jul 04, 2010 3:36 pm

hauptm wrote:Here's a puzzle for the masses. I think I've seen this one posted before but am unable to locate it.

I've got a 32" Sony Bravia connected via HDMI to the Roku HD box.

Before turning on the TV I can tell the remote is working because each button press causes the LED on the front of the Roku box to blink.

Once I turn-on the TV, the remote 'appears' to go dead in that pressing buttons do nothing.

I can see the Roku channel page on the TV but that's as far as I can get. I've tried unplugging the box and letting it sit with no power over night.

I've been using this setup for several months. The issues just started over the past couple of days. As far as I know, I'm at the most current software version having the new Netflix interface.

Any ideas or directions is most appreciated.

This is probably interference from the TV, try adjusting the backlight on the TV. I think people have had luck by placing a piece of tape over the IR eye on the DVP as well.
philsoft
** Valued Community Member **

Postby hauptm » Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:54 pm

Ahhh....that's what I remember reading before. For the life of me I couldn't find the old thread.

Many thanks for the help!!
hauptm

Postby __5 » Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:34 am

For possible IR/plasma interference, Try this
Take an old 3.5” diskette apart and cut a piece and place it on top of the DVP IR window and tap around it. (make sure to remove the little clear plastic IR cover that came with the DVP).

This may also solve DVP remote control screensaver standby wake-up. (By illuminating IR interference)

Good Luck!
__5

Postby elorimer » Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:12 am

roku5 wrote:For possible IR/plasma interference, Try this
Take an old 3.5” diskette apart and cut a piece and place it on top of the DVP IR window and tap around it. (make sure to remove the little clear plastic IR cover that came with the DVP).

This may also solve DVP remote control screensaver standby wake-up. (By illuminating IR interference)

Good Luck!

Not following this. The tape/sunglasses trick is thought to work by reducing the IR that gets through. The very sensitive IR receiver sees the strong direct IR signal from the remote dimly, and the weaker reflected IR from other sources not at all. What you are suggesting would completely block the receiver, wouldn't it? Or does the floppy let IR light through?
elorimer

Postby __5 » Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:41 am

the floppy let IR light through!
__5

Return to Roku Streaming Player General Discussion