Roku and Actiontec Q1000 won't mix...

Discussions about Roku products, channels, and Roku-related topics.

Moderators: RokuDouglas, RokuShawnS, RokuKen, RokuRyan, RokuJamesL

Roku and Actiontec Q1000 won't mix...

Postby designergrey » Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:36 pm

I have had my Roku player for several days now and it took a while but I got it to connect to my wireless WPA2 network then the connection dropped and I couldn't get it to connect. After several hours it all of a sudden connected to my network and now I am in the phase where I can't get it to go past the second light on the connection window.

I have tried all of the tips and trick on the board, resetting and everything else but I can't get it to stay connected. IT WILL work when I turn security off, but that isn't ideal. I know it can work but it isn't consistent.

I called technical support and still no connection. Tech support said I should call Qwest and get a firmware upgrade. I just got this new DSL modem last week and it is up to date.

Any ideas? Will it help if I switch to just a Roku HD instead of a XR? I don't really need an XR.
designergrey

Re: Roku and Actiontec Q1000 won't mix...

Postby kc8pql » Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:42 am

designergrey wrote: I just got this new DSL modem last week and it is up to date.

I can't help you much, but If you haven't already checked for a firmware update, I would. Even new equipment often has older firmware installed.
kc8pql
** Valued Community Member **

Return to Roku Streaming Player General Discussion