Roku player is frozen

Moderators: RokuDouglas, RokuShawnS, RokuRyan, RokuJamesL, RokuKen

Roku player is frozen

Postby watershedd8 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:26 pm

I was using the Pandora channel and when I tried to move from Pandora to the channel list I was unable to move from the Pandora banner. I changed the batteries in the remote without any luck. There is a light blue light on the front of the player. I purchased the player in December 2009.

Any ideas on what is happening?
watershedd8

Re: Roku player is frozen

Postby philsoft » Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:30 pm

watershedd8 wrote:I was using the Pandora channel and when I tried to move from Pandora to the channel list I was unable to move from the Pandora banner. I changed the batteries in the remote without any luck. There is a light blue light on the front of the player. I purchased the player in December 2009.

Any ideas on what is happening?

Try unplugging the player and plugging it back in.
philsoft
** Valued Community Member **

Postby microlady » Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:27 pm

By the way, I have discovered that there are two ways of unplugging the box and when one way did not work on a problem for me, the other way did, so try both.

One way is unplug the box from the electrical outlet and wait 10 seconds and plug it back in.

The other way which works to unfreeze is to unplug the box connector from the box itself, wait, then replug the box connector.

Basically we are actually walking about both ends of the power supply..the plug..and the connector.

I just remember that one time when frozen, first I tried the outlet unplug but it did nothing and then I tried the connector unplug and it worked.

Hope it works for you!
Original Roku 1, called N1000,bought 2008 (2014 still works perfectly)
2014 new owner of Roku 3500 (HDMI) streaming stick
microlady

Postby scyber » Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:15 pm

Is the light on the Roku blinking/flickering when you press remote commands? If not, then the box may not be frozen, it could just be your TV interfering with the IR signal. If the light doesn't blink, try turning off the TV and see if the light then blinks/flickers. If so, turn the TV back on and see if the remote command worked. If it worked with the TV off, there are a few threads already on IR interference that provide numerous suggestions for fixing the issue.
scyber

Postby javiercrumbley » Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:54 am

This is one of the best purchases I've made in a long time. I now have 3 Roku players, and have dropped satellite service and am saving the $90 a month I was spending previously. I get everything I need through Netflix and Amazon, so no need to pay for cable or satellite anymore for me.

Return to Roku Streaming Player General Discussion