Clearing the Roku

Discussion not related to any specific Roku product.

Moderator: RokuJamesL

Clearing the Roku

Postby kathyb22 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:01 am

How do I go about clearing the memory on the Roku? For some reason a bunch of movies (Netflix)that I did not choose and would never choose showed up on my system. I have younger children and some of the stuff is offensive- even to me!
kathyb22

Re: Clearing the Roku

Postby kbenson » Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:07 pm

There should be a factory reset option in the settings, but if it's the Netflix recently watched section, it won't affect that as far as I know.

Possibly you could go to setting and alter the Netflix settings to not allow searching. I believe that will only display your current instant queue and not all the suggestions, recently watches, etc, items. After watching a sufficient number of titles, the offending items should have scrolled off the recently watched list, and you can turn searching back on.

There may be a way to alter the recently watched list from Netflix's site, but I'm not aware of it.
-- GandK Labs
Check out Reversi! in the channel store!
kbenson

Re: Clearing the Roku

Postby hn333 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:18 pm

kathyb22 wrote:How do I go about clearing the memory on the Roku? For some reason a bunch of movies (Netflix)that I did not choose and would never choose showed up on my system. I have younger children and some of the stuff is offensive- even to me!

naughty, naughty :roll:
hn333

Return to Roku General