[Private Channel] iTunes Podcasts (ITPC) - 07/25/2013

Moderators: RokuDouglas, RokuShawnS, RokuKen, RokuRyan, RokuJamesL

[Private Channel] iTunes Podcasts (ITPC) - 07/25/2013

Postby TheEndless » Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:40 pm

The iTunes Podcasts channel allows you to browse, search, listen, and watch podcasts from the entire iTunes Podcast library on your Roku Digital Video Player.

Features include:
  • Browse by top podcasts, genres and providers
  • Choose to filter by video, audio, or all
  • Search the entire iTunes Podcast library
  • Mark a podcast as a favorite for quick access later
  • Resume previously unfinished video and audio podcasts (only video podcasts on Roku 1 devices)
  • Quickly determine viewed podcasts from episode browser
  • Revisit the last 15 viewed podcasts via the favorites screen
You can add the channel via this link: https://owner.roku.com/Account/ChannelCode/?code=ITPC

This channel DOES NOT require iTunes to be installed locally. It uses the online iTunes podcast library, so it works without requiring any additional setup or configuration.

Note: Since these podcasts are all hosted on different servers, there may be times when a specific podcast shows up in the channel but is not available to play.

As always, comments, criticisms, suggestions, and general feedback are welcomed and encouraged. I hope you enjoy the channel!

And a few screenshots:
Genre Browser

Podcast Browser

Video Podcast Screen
Last edited by TheEndless on Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:47 am, edited 4 times in total.
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), MainSqueeze (MAINSQUEEZE), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), Twitch.tv (TWITCHTV), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
TheEndless
** Valued Community Member **

Re: NEW CHANNEL - iTunes Podcasts Channel - PRIVATE (Code: I

Postby peeper » Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:37 am

Thank You! This is awesome man. Was hoping for someone to do this and you made another great channel! One minor suggestion, any chance you can make the icons a little bit bigger? Not a big deal but my middle aged eyes would appreciate it.
peeper

Postby TheEndless » Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:47 am

peeper wrote:Thank You! This is awesome man. Was hoping for someone to do this and you made another great channel! One minor suggestion, any chance you can make the icons a little bit bigger? Not a big deal but my middle aged eyes would appreciate it.

Unfortunately, that's the only size the Roku SDK makes available for square icons. I was toying with some ways to make it look good with larger non-square icons last night, but wasn't able to come up with something I liked. If I can suppress my OCD long enough, I'll take another stab at it tonight. I should be able to put together something that's passable... ;)
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), MainSqueeze (MAINSQUEEZE), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), Twitch.tv (TWITCHTV), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
TheEndless

Postby peeper » Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:07 am

TheEndless wrote: If I can suppress my OCD long enough, I'll take another stab at it tonight. I should be able to put together something that's passable... ;)

Oh man don't go nuts on my account. Keep that OCD in check :D.
peeper

Postby BoloMKXXVIII » Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:12 am

How long before Endless joins Nowhereman as a Roku employee? Endless is amazing!
The NSA is the largest criminal organization in the United States.

** Non-valued Community Member **
BoloMKXXVIII

Postby chris0071 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:51 am

I just wish someone could figure out a way to have FoxNews sync up their audio with their video.

I'm sure that it's something on Fox's side, because it happens on every device I have used, on every network I have used.
chris0071

Postby istjgeek » Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:03 am

Thank you! Very useful! :)
istjgeek

Postby zwosh » Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:28 am

TheEndless is TheAwesome!

Thank you!

I may totally be missing this, but is there a way you can select a channel and play all of the podcasts on that channel? I think they have that on the Pod TV channel and it is very useful when I need some mommy time! Sesame Street channel... PLAY ALL! lol

Yours looks waaaaaay better than that channel for sure! Thanks again!

Michele ;-]
zwosh

Postby TheEndless » Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:32 am

zwosh wrote:I may totally be missing this, but is there a way you can select a channel and play all of the podcasts on that channel? I think they have that on the Pod TV channel and it is very useful when I need some mommy time! Sesame Street channel... PLAY ALL! lol

Yep, open an episode and choose the "Play All Starting with This Episode" option (see "Video Podcast Screen" screenshot in first post). That option is only available if you're not on the latest episode. Pressing left or right on the episode screen will change between episodes as well.
TheEndless

Postby TheEndless » Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:09 pm

TheEndless wrote:
zwosh wrote:I may totally be missing this, but is there a way you can select a channel and play all of the podcasts on that channel? I think they have that on the Pod TV channel and it is very useful when I need some mommy time! Sesame Street channel... PLAY ALL! lol

Yep, open an episode and choose the "Play All Starting with This Episode" option (see "Video Podcast Screen" screenshot in first post). That option is only available if you're not on the latest episode. Pressing left or right on the episode screen will change between episodes as well.

I should probably mention that the episodes are listed in descending order, so the first episode in the list is the most recent, so the "Play All" option won't be available on it.
TheEndless

Postby paul2102 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:43 pm

Is there anyway to view subscribed podcasts using username and password.
Some of the podcasts I view had to be subscribed to in order to watch them.
paul2102

Postby KennyJ » Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:58 pm

paul2102 wrote:Is there anyway to view subscribed podcasts using username and password.

I know you can do this on CDNTwo.
KennyJ

Postby TheEndless » Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:04 pm

paul2102 wrote:Is there anyway to view subscribed podcasts using username and password.

Apple doesn't allow paid podcasts in it's online library, so they won't work in this channel, either. I may add that functionality at some point in the future, but as KennyJ mentioned, there are a couple other Roku channels that already support those if you want it now.
TheEndless

Postby evilmax17 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:40 pm

I like the design, very Apple TV. Did you roll your own vertical-scrolling menus?
My Roku Channels:
Viddler - viddler.com
Tested Fan - tested.com | Jamie & Adam
This is my next - theverge.com
1080p Showcase - RIP
Whiskey Media - RIP
======================
http://www.binarymoustache.com
evilmax17

Postby TheEndless » Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:52 pm

evilmax17 wrote:I like the design, very Apple TV. Did you roll your own vertical-scrolling menus?

Thanks, and yes I did. None of the built-in Roku components were suitable for that navigation, so I had to build my own.
TheEndless

Next

Return to Roku Streaming Player General Discussion