Why Buy a Roku?

Discussion not related to any specific Roku product.

Moderator: RokuJamesL

Why Buy a Roku?

Postby macsea » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:27 pm

I bought a Roku box a year ago and it has worked well. However, I added streaming capability for my Netflix account to other locations in my house and instead of buying more Roku boxes, for a small amount of additional money I got a couple of Sony internet-capable Blu Ray players. They work just as well for all my purposes and given that I get a Blu-Ray player, it is very hard to see why I would ever buy another Roku box.
macsea

Re: Why Buy a Roku?

Postby TimKirkwood » Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:25 pm

What about all the additional content that Roku provides besides Netflix? Thats where the value comes in for me. I love that I can get all kinds of things other than Netflix. The Netflix streamable movies list needs to expand greatly. Amazon movie rentals are pretty nice and stream in great quality.
TimKirkwood

Postby macsea » Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:35 am

Sony pretty much has the same content as Roku and some that Roku does not have. In addition, you get a good quality Blu Ray player with both optical and coaxical audio outputs. Still don't see any good reason to buy a Roku unless you want to save about $20.
macsea

Postby RocknRoll » Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:29 pm

What content does your Blue ray player have? I thought it just played discs and also could access Netflix.
RocknRoll

Return to Roku General