Can not access Channel Store

Discussion not related to any specific Roku product.

Moderator: RokuJamesL

Can not access Channel Store

Postby shoe » Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:27 am

I can get into everything else HULU Plus Netflix Amazon etc but the channel store says recheck your connections.
What gives
shoe

Re: Can not access Channel Store

Postby Aaamandaaa » Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:10 pm

Yes, this. I can access netflix, my connection is fine, I could get into the store earlier today , but now I can't get into the channel store at all. I just received my roku player today, so this is kind of frustrating... not a good first impression.
Aaamandaaa

Postby Serendip » Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:06 pm

This is happening here each night, since Wednesday. I can access the Channel Store fine during the day, but if I try at night I get a message saying to check my settings, and each time it shows "Excellent". Netflix streams easily at 4 dots, no problem with the Yule Log or TuneIn or Pandora or any channel, only the Channel Store.

I've tried streaming from Netflix, etc, and then going to the Channel Store, and I still can't access it. Try in the morning or during the day, and I can access the Channel Store easily.

I've tried debugging, and it shows Netflix, etc streaming between 3.5 and 3.8. This happens on both an HD-XR and XDS, newest software. Both are wireless, HDMI connections.

Very odd! Any hints or tricks, other than staying away from the Channel Store in the evening? (Is it scared of the dark?!)
Serendip

Postby shoe » Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:13 pm

Yup exact same problem here
shoe

Postby tepperly » Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:51 pm

Me too not able to access channel store
tepperly

Postby shoe » Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:20 am

So who do we complain to this is bull crap we can post here till we are blue in the face who do we tlk to to get it fixed?
shoe

Postby RokuJamesL » Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:32 pm

For anyone who has no channel store, but has verified that playback of video is working fine (Netflix, for example), how many channels do you have installed in your lineup?

Also, have you tried power cycling the Roku player?

If all else fails, try a factory reset.

If you've tried all these, PM me your serial number and we can take a look at the data logs to see if there is any indication as to why this is happening.
RokuJamesL
Roku Engineering

Postby shoe » Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:02 pm

I have 4 channels
shoe

Postby mikebdoss » Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:25 pm

I've got about 20 channels installed, and rebooting fixed the problem for a while. It's working right now (rebooted an hour ago), but we'll see what's happening later this afternoon. All my other networking/channels are working, no problems. If problems continue, i'll PM you, James.
mikebdoss
** Valued Community Member **

Postby RokuJamesL » Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:45 pm

FYI, we updated the channel store earlier today. For those of you with this problem accessing it, can you power cycle/reboot your Roku player and then try entering the channel store again?
RokuJamesL
Roku Engineering

Postby LeadFarmer » Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:45 pm

All I see on my Roku is the Settings icon and advertisements

No channels or channel store

roku.com - My account shows player linked.

Network connection: Ethernet

Netflix settings...
Netflix account owner: not registered
menu shows deactivate this player from my netflix account

Player info...
Software: 2.9 - 1509
Hardware: 2050X
Roku account: 'This is blank'

Tried the following...

relinking
created new account
reset
reboot
factory reset from menu
deactivated device on netflix.com

Could this be a network issue even if it says good connection to local network and internet?
LeadFarmer

Postby bithive » Sat Dec 25, 2010 7:57 pm

I bought a Roku XD for my parents and I encountered this problem within minutes of setting it up. I've only added a handful of channels and now the channel store is consistently failing to load (streaming works fine, signal strength is reported as 'excellent') and when it does load I cannot add channels ("Operation not supported at this time").

This is extremely frustrating, and the fact that there are multiple threads about this problem makes me wonder if I made the right choice in purchasing this device. I should not have to do a factory reset on a brand new device, nor should I have to reconfigure my wireless settings when the device clearly has a working internet connection (the few channels I have added work fine).

Why is there nothing on roku.com about this problem? I expected to see a prominent message about the status of these outages or whatever they are, but instead I had to register for this forum and now I guess I'll just sit here and wait and see if anything gets better.

Not a thrilling experience for a first-time Roku buyer.
bithive

Postby kumasuki » Sun Dec 26, 2010 6:44 pm

The channel store is the only Roku function which requires the box to access Roku's own servers - with thousands of new boxes all coming online over XMAS those servers are probably under heavier than normal strain. In most/all cases simply waiting it out is all you need do about this.
--------------------------------------
Roku XDS; DSM-520; HDX1000 w/1TB drive; Neuros; Hauppauge 1212 HD-PVR; HDHomeRun; Vudu; VuNow HD; Boxee Box
kumasuki

Postby destruk » Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:51 am

Hit home x5, fast forward x3, rewind x2. Then you can change the channel store url.
api.roku.com is the only one I've ever been able to get to work.
destruk

Postby bithive » Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:07 pm

kumasuki wrote:The channel store is the only Roku function which requires the box to access Roku's own servers - with thousands of new boxes all coming online over XMAS those servers are probably under heavier than normal strain. In most/all cases simply waiting it out is all you need do about this.

Pathetic.
bithive

Next

Return to Roku General