Putting Display to Sleep

For discussion of the Roku BrightSign digital signage product.

Moderators: RokuDouglas, RokuRyan, RokuJamesL, RokuKen

Putting Display to Sleep

Postby jdf6581 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:16 pm

Hello,
I have an exhibit running on an HD410. It is attached to a 37" touch screen via HDMI cable and USB for the touch interface. Wrote the script in BrightAuthor included media, etc, everything works fine. Even figured out how to get the cursor off the screen. My question is I need to be able to turn the display off and on via a UDP command. I have several other BrightSign 210 players being controlled over UDP with Lyndon's custom show control script. All the displays on those are controlled with IR blasters. This display is a touch screen computer monitor and doesn't have IR control. So I need to be able to put the screen to sleep over the HDMI cable. The autorun is the one generated by BrightAuthor because of all the touch screen interfacing. How can I make this work?
Thank you so much in advance for your help!
Jonathan
jdf6581

Re: Putting Display to Sleep

Postby jdf6581 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:42 pm

To clairfy:
What I need is something added to the autorun that is running the interactive playlist that will allow me to send a UDP string to this unit and have it put the display in standby and be able to send a different UDP string to wake the display up.
Sorry if the previous post was confusing!
jdf6581

Postby RokuLyndon » Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:16 pm

Brightauthor 2.2 includes powersave modes, as an advanced command. We're getting ready to post it. I'll send a link with updated firmware and the installer.
RokuLyndon

Postby jdf6581 » Mon May 02, 2011 9:13 am

Lyndon,
I am needing to do the same thing using the show control autorun you put together. Is there a way to add a section to that autorun with a command I can send over UDP to put the display into powersave and wake it up? I am trying to demo this to a customer tomorrow, if there's anyway you can let me know ASAP that would be most helpful.
Thanks again,
Jonathan
jdf6581

Return to BrightSign General Discussion