[Private Channel] Food Network Nighttime (FNNIGHT)

Moderators: RokuDouglas, RokuShawnS, RokuKen, RokuRyan, RokuJamesL

[Private Channel] Food Network Nighttime (FNNIGHT)

Postby TheEndless » Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:55 pm

It's been requested for a long time, so...
Food Network recently added some full episodes to their Food Network Nighttime iPhone app. This channel makes those episodes and clips available on your Roku!
Please note that the video quality isn't stellar, but it's passable. To add it to your roku, just follow this link: https://owner.roku.com/add/FNNIGHT

As always, your feedback is appreciated. I hope you enjoy it!

Image
Last edited by TheEndless on Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), MainSqueeze (MAINSQUEEZE), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), Twitch.tv (TWITCHTV), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
User avatar
TheEndless
** Valued Community Member **
 
Posts: 8041
Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2004 10:15 am
Location: US

Re: [Private Channel] Food Network Nighttime (FNNIGHT)

Postby candita » Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:02 pm

Wow Endless..I've been waiting for something with the food network..you just keep amazing me..why your not working for Roku I don't know..TY TY TY :-)...I always look forward to see what your gonna come up with & you never disappoint
candita
 
Posts: 300
Joined: Sun May 23, 2010 7:19 am

Re: [Private Channel] Food Network Nighttime (FNNIGHT)

Postby kumasuki » Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:07 pm

candita wrote:Wow Endless..you just keep amazing me..why your not working for Roku I don't know..TY TY TY :-)...

He already has moderator status - perhaps a stepping-stone to full-time :wink:
--------------------------------------
Roku XDS; DSM-520; HDX1000 w/1TB drive; Neuros; Hauppauge 1212 HD-PVR; HDHomeRun; Vudu; VuNow HD; Boxee Box
kumasuki
 
Posts: 1561
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:45 pm
Location: San Diego

Re: [Private Channel] Food Network Nighttime (FNNIGHT)

Postby TheEndless » Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:11 pm

kumasuki wrote:He already has moderator status - perhaps a stepping-stone to full-time :wink:

Only a moderator in the PhotoBridge forum, because I volunteered to do it five years ago after they retired the product :P
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), MainSqueeze (MAINSQUEEZE), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), Twitch.tv (TWITCHTV), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
User avatar
TheEndless
** Valued Community Member **
 
Posts: 8041
Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2004 10:15 am
Location: US

Re: [Private Channel] Food Network Nighttime (FNNIGHT)

Postby mikebdoss » Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:57 pm

Very nice! Glad to see FN has started putting full episodes online.

Great interface as usual. My only request would be a way to view only full episodes (or clips) across all shows - similar to the "audio only, video only" choices on the iTunes podcast channel. That way I wouldn't have to dig into a title to see if it's got full episodes.

Thanks, as usual!
mikebdoss
** Valued Community Member **
 
Posts: 3459
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:52 am

Re: [Private Channel] Food Network Nighttime (FNNIGHT)

Postby TheEndless » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:14 pm

mikebdoss wrote:Very nice! Glad to see FN has started putting full episodes online.

Great interface as usual. My only request would be a way to view only full episodes (or clips) across all shows - similar to the "audio only, video only" choices on the iTunes podcast channel. That way I wouldn't have to dig into a title to see if it's got full episodes.

Thanks, as usual!

Unfortunately, I don't have that information until I try to load the show. I did break out the episodes and clips into separate lists, so the episodes would be easier to identify... :|
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), MainSqueeze (MAINSQUEEZE), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), Twitch.tv (TWITCHTV), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
User avatar
TheEndless
** Valued Community Member **
 
Posts: 8041
Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2004 10:15 am
Location: US

Re: [Private Channel] Food Network Nighttime (FNNIGHT)

Postby mikebdoss » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:21 pm

TheEndless wrote:
mikebdoss wrote:Very nice! Glad to see FN has started putting full episodes online.

Great interface as usual. My only request would be a way to view only full episodes (or clips) across all shows - similar to the "audio only, video only" choices on the iTunes podcast channel. That way I wouldn't have to dig into a title to see if it's got full episodes.

Thanks, as usual!

Unfortunately, I don't have that information until I try to load the show. I did break out the episodes and clips into separate lists, so the episodes would be easier to identify... :|


The lists are great - I was dreading the idea of having to select each one individually to see if it was a clip or full show. Your solution is much, much better than that.

Any idea how often FN rotates/adds content? I noticed all the "Worst Cooks" episodes are from last season (we're 4 episodes into this season), but other stuff looked pretty recent.
mikebdoss
** Valued Community Member **
 
Posts: 3459
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:52 am

Re: [Private Channel] Food Network Nighttime (FNNIGHT)

Postby justadude » Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:48 am

The Endless kicks ass :D
justadude
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:25 pm

Re: [Private Channel] Food Network Nighttime (FNNIGHT)

Postby mrningrunner » Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:21 am

Endless, this is very much appreciated! It really is! Thanks for all you do!
mrningrunner
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:10 am

Re: [Private Channel] Food Network Nighttime (FNNIGHT)

Postby thegb » Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:40 am

I get this error every time I try to play an episode off of FNNIGHT:

Error
An unexpected error occurred during playback (Error Details: An unexpected problem (but not server timeout or HTTP error) has been detected.).

Anyone else getting this? Anyone know a solution?

Thanks
thegb
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:34 am

Re: [Private Channel] Food Network Nighttime (FNNIGHT)

Postby vtagrl » Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:32 am

awesome! playing Chopped Full Episode. Thanks Endless! :D :D :D :D
vtagrl
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:04 pm

Re: [Private Channel] Food Network Nighttime (FNNIGHT)

Postby cflat » Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:19 am

thegb wrote:I get this error every time I try to play an episode off of FNNIGHT:

Error
An unexpected error occurred during playback (Error Details: An unexpected problem (but not server timeout or HTTP error) has been detected.).

Anyone else getting this? Anyone know a solution?

Thanks


I am getting the same error message
cflat
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:40 pm

Re: [Private Channel] Food Network Nighttime (FNNIGHT)

Postby burke031 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:01 am

cflat wrote:
thegb wrote:I get this error every time I try to play an episode off of FNNIGHT:

Error
An unexpected error occurred during playback (Error Details: An unexpected problem (but not server timeout or HTTP error) has been detected.).

Anyone else getting this? Anyone know a solution?

Thanks


I am getting the same error message



Me too..

Channel does look like it is going to be great.
burke031
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:28 am

Re: [Private Channel] Food Network Nighttime (FNNIGHT)

Postby RokuChris » Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:19 am

thegb wrote:I get this error every time I try to play an episode off of FNNIGHT:

Error
An unexpected error occurred during playback (Error Details: An unexpected problem (but not server timeout or HTTP error) has been detected.).


Perhaps your firmware needs updating. I've been tinkering with this content for quite a while and I know it did not play well in previous versions.
User avatar
RokuChris
 
Posts: 1094
Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:45 pm

Re: [Private Channel] Food Network Nighttime (FNNIGHT)

Postby cflat » Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:02 am

RokuChris wrote:
thegb wrote:I get this error every time I try to play an episode off of FNNIGHT:

Error
An unexpected error occurred during playback (Error Details: An unexpected problem (but not server timeout or HTTP error) has been detected.).


Perhaps your firmware needs updating. I've been tinkering with this content for quite a while and I know it did not play well in previous versions.


I am up to date on the latest firmware, and it still no worky.
cflat
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:40 pm

Next

Return to Roku Streaming Player General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Tergiversada and 42 guests